Throttle Body SVE vs SR Performance

AJCrader

Reaction score
Has anyone used or compared either of these?

Thinking that since I can't seem to find anything high quality and reasonably priced used...I'd see what others have experienced with either or both of these 70mm or 75mm

Thanks in advance!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
SR and SVE are like Cosco's Kirkland line.. Its an in house thing.. BBK would be better.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
But the bbk is still more than I want to spend now, as once the 4.6 blows or goes I will be putting a 460 in it and running super street so all the 4.6 stuff will be useless

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything high quality and reasonably priced used.
But the bbk is still more than I want to spend now, as once the 4.6 blows or goes I will be putting a 460 in it and running super street so all the 4.6 stuff will be useless

High quality is what it is.......high quality, and it doesn't come cheap. The biggest mistake, I see people make when modifying these cars is substituting cheap quality parts for high end ones, and expecting the same results. If you don't have the money, continue to save, don't throw away your hard earned money on parts because it's cheap. That's the worst excuse for anyone to say when modifying these cars.....I bought it because it was cheap.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
I can do the bbk, but I am using the car to bracket race for now until the motor goes, but want to make it more fun for the time being, without spending too much so I can start saving for a 600hp 460 build...

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I can do the bbk, but I am using the car to bracket race for now until the motor goes, but want to make it more fun for the time being, without spending too much so I can start saving for a 600hp 460 build...
I'm not sure how much of a difference a throttle body is going to make, so saving your money for the new motor is a better place to apply it. Remember bracket racing is about being consistent and not about being faster.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much of a difference a throttle body is going to make, so saving your money for the new motor is a better place to apply it. Remember bracket racing is about being consistent and not about being faster.

Trust me I know, but the car has 125k+ on it stock, and consistency comes from knowing the car, it was unmolested when I got it, but I don't really know it yet...I would like to be chasing people down, rather than being chased, and with the sportsman class I am in, can't go faster than 12.00..so I am about middle of the road...Just trying to better my situation in the class I am in is all...I know I can leave it as is and be fine once I get more seat time, but I'd still rather go a bit faster to chase more

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Trust me I know................but I'd still rather go a bit faster to chase more
Are you saying you know a throttle body won't give you any noticeable HP increases and if it does, it's going to be small. If that's the case, you won't be running anyone down with a throttle body change. Bottom line do whatever you like, I have no idea what I'm talking about anyways.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Are you saying you know a throttle body won't give you any noticeable HP increases and if it does, it's going to be small. If that's the case, you won't be running anyone down with a throttle body change. Bottom line do whatever you like, I have no idea what I'm talking about anyways.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

My bad for not clarifying, I meant I know bracket racing is about consistency...I'm just trying to build a combo on a budget to go mid-low 12s...I know you know what you are talking about, but at the same time, I want to stay away from power adders, just not what I want on a bracket car...I plan to strip the car quite heavily on weight too which will help...

I asked the question to see if it'd at all be worth trying to get a TB/plenum combo as I know that there is a lot of restriction on these motors, and this would aid in freeing some of that up...if you have anything that would help me in my quest and keep me budget minded, please let me know!?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online