Timing chain slap

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I appreciate that but you'll have to make it Almond milk....lol. Ive seen tons of mishaps from reputable machine shops and brand new components that kill engines. Eggs shaped journals from brand new cranks, .015" differences pin deck height on a set of 8 NEW pistons and got balanced that way by the machine shop...sad!

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I appreciate that but you'll have to make it Almond milk....lol. Ive seen tons of mishaps from reputable machine shops and brand new components that kill engines. Eggs shaped journals from brand new cranks, .015" differences pin deck height on a set of 8 NEW pistons and got balanced that way by the machine shop...sad!

Alright, what's your address! Haha Yea I have a hard time trusting machine shops these days. The machine shop that did mine magically marked my cams incorrectly and lost a few small cvalvetrain parts after I told them I didn't want it assembled there

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is what makes a good forum great! Im happy I could help, but my idea was just a shot at the situation and I apologize I wasnt respnding sooner. No gifts needed, sir! Commemorate some rubber in my name is all I ask.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
This is what makes a good forum great! Im happy I could help, but my idea was just a shot at the situation and I apologize I wasnt respnding sooner. No gifts needed, sir! Commemorate some rubber in my name is all I ask.

I did a few healthy burnouts for ya tonight!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im lost. Slap? I can think of "slap" in a few scenario instanced, but not sure its intention here.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Our family goes through about 5-6 gallons of milk a week haha. Not so much almond milk, can we still be friends?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Time to switch over! My breast have been reduced to normal since I switched.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I used to love milk..... after I deployed I became lactose intolerant..... weird I know.... I miss milk every now and then but otherwise I'm happy

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Can you be a little more descriptive as to what The slap is and how its originated? Ever since my last motor has been done its been making a random noise around 2300rpm only when the engine is leveled out (holding the throttle at that rpm not increasing or decreasing)

I wonder if this is the same thing? Can you please describe the sound.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Well it was just a ticking and I used a screw driver to locate where it is. I pulled the valve cover off and then I could tell the chain was loose.

It was happening at all rpm's not just a certain range though. Sounds like something else...

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Well it was just a ticking and I used a screw driver to locate where it is. I pulled the valve cover off and then I could tell the chain was loose.

It was happening at all rpm's not just a certain range though. Sounds like something else...

Well i'm probably never going to figure this out, its probably the most bizzare sound ever. Two years now and still running like a champ though.

Its only at 2100rpm when the motor load is equal (for those that don't know what that means its when you hold that rpm with the gas)

anything lower/higher it goes right away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online