Tire Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TxCobrA98, Jun 28, 2006.

1. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

Hey guys, so right now im reallly excited and really sad! Today is the scheduled delivery date for my Eibach Sportlines! Can't put them on yet because I don't have any CC Plates and im just going to wait till I get the wheels on. And also, my Chrome 18" Saleens are scheduled to be delivered on Friday! Soo im really excited about that.

Now, for the :'( part. I am going to have to wait another 2-3 weeks to save up and get my tires and cc plates. Im going to buy the BFG KDW2's 255/35/18 fronts and 295/35/18 backs. I have a few questions for you guys. Are those sizes what I need, the front rim is 18"/9" and the back is 18"/10"..

I have found the tires on tirerack.com but they are $880 afterrrr shipping. That is actually the cheapest I have found but $880 for stupid tires! thats 160 more than my wheels!!! Please help me out guys. I think today after work, ima stop at some tire places (Discount, a few others, i forget the names) and see what there prices are. Please help me though on the sizes and a good place to buy them at. Thanks guys!

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

your tire size selection is fine to me :), and yea the 18's are not cheap so get use to the high prices, the only thing I can tell you is to do a lot of homework and try to find a better deal

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member SN95 Supporter

you get what you pay for usually in tires...you chose a good one.
    only other tire i like more is the goodyear eagle F1 gs d3 and they may even be more money.

4. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

yeah i looked at the eagle f1's.. on the tirerack site, they had some pretty bad reviews, i always thought f1's were good tires but idk. and i also think they are like $300+ per tire so im stayin away from them haha. thanks for your help though guys. is 880 alot for an 18" tire that is good quality and a good brand? or is that about the going price for quality tires of that size?

5. DropTopPony

first time i've heard a bad review from the F1's....only bad thing is the price.
    Dry traction is a 9 out of 10 and wet traction is a 10/10...i've had them on for about a year and they have almost no wear at all.
    The only other tire i'd consider is the KDW-2...
    your gonna pay over 800 for 18" tires that are wide so just get used to it :)
    thats why alot of younger guys will get a 17" rim/tire combo...17" tires are alot cheaper.

6. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

well, i guess that means that ill just have to keep my foot outa the gas since they are so expensive. i cant really go get the 17's cause mine are on the way =D.. thanks guys. im probably going to stick with the kdw-2's because f1's are to much for me to afford. i just got my springs today, ill take some pictures at how beautiful they are =D haha. thanks guys

7. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

yea lay off the gas...............sure ::)

8. DropTopPony

yeah really....thats not even possible

9. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

well if the price went up to say...................5 bucks a gallon it may be :hammer:

10. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

haha i kno, i was tellin myself that when i typed it. i was like, "its goin to be soo hard to resist"! usually i tell myself i wont do it for one whole day just to see if i can.. yeah it works for about 5 whole minutes.. and then the rest of the day is blown so i do it another 5 or 6 times. i dont spin the tires, i just get on it pretty hardcore.

lol the other day, i was driving my car and i went over some wet pavement from some sprinklers, and like 30 feet up was a stop sign. after i stopped, i got going and my wheels spun for a good 15 feet. so after not bein able to get traction from slowing down, i just layed on the gas.. i didnt even know it was uphill, thats how small of a hilll it was lol.