TN95GT5.0's Project (Lots of pics..56K warning)

TN95GT5.0

Reaction score
The project is to put a 97 Explorer motor into a 95 GT

97 Explorer motor with P-heads is going in as the crank in the motor in the car is broke..turns out the P-heads and explorer intake are good budget add ons for cheap additional horse power. I think if the H/C/I on the motor in the car are ok I will put them on the explorer short block so I can drive the car while I have the explorer heads/intake cleaned up, ported and port matched. Then later add them back on along with some other mods...more on that later.

The car has been neglected but thats ok, I got it cheap and wanted something to fix up anyhow.

I am putting pics in this post of the car (sorry if you seen them already in my intro post) and one of the motor the day I got them home and in the garage.

Next post will be a list of the plan for this venture and pics of some things I plan to add..then just pics of the motor/parts..just to warn those who may not be interested in just motor pics

DriverSide.jpg

Brothers father in law is a paint/body man...got some work for him in the future..hehe

PassngrSide1.jpg

DriverSide.jpg

PassngrSideRear.jpg

Interiorfront.jpg

Explorer302_a.jpg

OP
OP
T

TN95GT5.0

Reaction score
The plan for the time being..subject to change with me :laughing5:

Take out motor in the car as the crank is broke..put the H/C/I on the Explorer short block if they are not damaged. I am installing a new oil pan/gasket with a new oil pump/pickup/windage tray, new 9mm Ford Racing plug wires/ NGK V power plugs and new timing chain/sprockets.
Going to have the transmission rebuilt and a shift kit installed along with a temp gauge.
I will do the usual mods as I get the Explorer intake (1/2 in spacer) and the P-heads match ported and some new parts in the head (1.6 roller rockers w/ARP studs, roller lifters, new valve springs appropriate for the Steeda #19 cam that will go in later). A good friend of mines? dad owns a machine shop and will do the work for me. I will build another short block with forged rods and pistons w/ARP fasteners to withstand supercharging.

Plans for mods that will help now and with the future plans for the car in the mean time are as follows:

Bullit Wheels- Black centers w/polished lips, deep dish in rear 17x10 rear and 17x8 front as soon as the car is road worthy
I have new headlights/corners to go in it already
3.73 gears (soon)
Exhaust- X pipe/catback (soon)
Ignition- MSD components
Fuel upgrades- High Flow injectors (24 lbs), Fuel pressure regulator, 155lph Pump
Oil and transmission coolers
CAI/ 65MM TB
Aluminum drive shaft
Brake upgrades (Cobra w/steel braided lines most likely)
Suspension/Chasis upgrades (to be determined)

Pic of headlights that I have and will go in once motor is in..
Headlightpic3.jpg

The wheels I will get
WheelsPic.jpg

Not sure what order all of these will take place in, money will determine that most likely with priority being on getting the new motor ready.

Up next pics from today?

OP
OP
T

TN95GT5.0

Reaction score
Just for info I have bagged bolts and labeled them in freezer bags, labeled connections with masking tape and a sharpie..when I start on removing the motor from the car I will do the same except I will number connections so I can just match the numbers for ease/speed of re-instalation..

Eplorer302_5.jpg

Front view

Explorer302_1.jpg

Explorerhead4bars.jpg

4 bars = P-heads..

100_0910.jpg

100_0911.jpg

100_0912.jpg

100_0913.jpg

100_0916.jpg

100_0917.jpg

Engine finally on the stand

100_0914.jpg

Front pretty well stripped

100_0909.jpg

Power Steering pump/brackets and A/C brackets

Moved from the motor to the car while I had a buddy to help get the hood off
100_0915.jpg

After my buddy left I went back to piddling with the explorer motor?

I got busy and didn?t get all the pics loaded off the camera but next I removed the coil packs, EGR parts and the throttle body?covered the intake hole with a double over thick freezer bag to keep stuff out and called it a day..

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
cool, should pick up a couple ponies over stock when its all said and done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online