Took the car to the track...pathetic!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
:rant: Well I took the car to the track tonight. I didn't even want to run the car because we got there so late so it had NO time to cool down. You couldn't even touch the intake it was so hot. Anyways I still ran it once. I was so worried the clutch or tranny would go out the door and leave me stuck with a car I could push around and thats it. But you would know...I got lined up next to a modded Fox body and when I did all worries went out the door and I went into kill mode. :slap: Before I tell you guys how the outcome was I'll tell the people that don't know what my car has. Its got 328rwhp and 337rwtq and the car makes over 300rwtq at 3,300rpms. I was on a set of Kuhmo 275 all season tires with 17x9 wheels. Ok so heres what happened...We line them up and I rev to about 2,500rpms. Slip the clutch real easy expecting wheel spin. There was none! Yes! So I nail the throttle and it pulls HARD. I slam the hell out of 2nd gear, I've never driven this car so hard because I was worried about breaking the tranny. But I powershift into 2nd gear and the car BLOWS the tires off. The rpms shoot to 5,000rpms and I let off the throttle slightly to let the car get some traction. I ease back into the throttle and the rpms shoot up to 5,700ish rpms!! :rant: I had to let completely out of the throttle to get traction back. Trust me, I know how to drive and there was no working with this situation. I got back into the throttle and slammed 3rd gear. By then the Fox had gotten about a carlength close to my trunk but 3rd pulled him back the carlength I lost. The track is a major POS track and its an 1/8th mile track. I ended up with a 83mph pass. ::)

Anyways I need some good tire! Thats all there is to it. This is not a drag car and I've built it to handle so drag radials are out of the question. What is a good 275 series tire that would get good traction? I was looking at the Nitto street tires. What do you guys think? And before you guys ban me for running so shitty I actually wasn't that disapointed. I was BUT the car has 3.27 or 3.55 gears in it and I had no traction all through 2nd. So with some good tires and 3.73 gears who knows...

Downshift

Reaction score
Hey man dont feel to bad traction kills lol. You just need to hook up better it sounds like. Hell I lost to my friend and he was stock besides a cobra cam, flowmasters, off road H. I had no traction til mid third gear tires were completely bald they were like slicks but goes to show you how traction really kills haha. Have you thought about maybe getting some nitto 555s? You warm those things up and they stick GOOD. They arnt a drag but wont be anywhere near as bad as what you have sounds like. Goodluck man.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you need some drag radials to hook...the compound in them is much better than regular radials...but if you must not get them, then i recommend some BFG KDWs or Michelin Pilot Sports A/S or something along that line...they are what i have now and are a very nice tire.

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Let me introduce you to your new best friend O0

Mtdr1.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Guys the car isn't getting drag radials. Its built for handling and plus its a daily driver so I don't want to change the back tires out everyime I get the oil changed. How are the Nitto 555s?

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
The M/T's that i showed you are not drag radials.. they're street radials O0

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
No shit? ??? I didn't even know MT made some regular tires. Have you used these? How do they handle and hook? Hmmmm

Downshift

Reaction score
555s wont last as long as a normal tire but arnt too bad. Not sure about the other stuff. I know the 555s look pretty sexy.

GDawg

Reaction score
April 14th is our first TnT of the year. I have a set of Eagle F1 GS D3s I'm anxious to try out. They definitely stick better than anything else I've had. :comando:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online