Tough Stains

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Ok so I had a Disgusting carpet to begin with. We completely pulled it out, sprayed it with carpet cleaners, scrubbed it & power washed it. Now my question is; there's still some tough stains in the carpet, what has everyone else used to get them out? I also have some tough spots to clean on the pony on my wheel as well as on some of the plastics & the leather of the backs of my seats. Really would love to clean it up better but not looking to spend a ton or deal with our friend at the details who Dillydallies around on jobs but does good (to word it without inappropriate words). Though he might have no chance at cleaning it either plus he costs more than a home cleaning lol

Before
3d0a2f09b2b0fd054f6e5a2dff1c9d78.jpg

After but still stained
af75fe911cb6b1840af4b55eb7ee083c.jpg

Royal96

Reaction score
Idk how much you're willing to spend if no one has any good stain removal tips, but:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...tang-Carpet-Coupe-Convertible-Medium-Graphite

Other than that, I don't know anything about stain removal. The PO of my car left a GIANT oil stain behind my passenger seat that I can't get up for the life of me. Plus my carpet is gray right now and I'm going to black, so it makes sense for me.

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Idk how much you're willing to spend if no one has any good stain removal tips, but:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...tang-Carpet-Coupe-Convertible-Medium-Graphite

Other than that, I don't know anything about stain removal. The PO of my car left a GIANT oil stain behind my passenger seat that I can't get up for the life of me. Plus my carpet is gray right now and I'm going to black, so it makes sense for me.
Yeah I'll just end up using my should be here any day now floor mats to hide the stains if nobody has suggestions. Unfortunately the car needs other stuff more right now. A new carpet or soft top is outta the question. Easier/cheaper/more practical to patch/hide. Thanks though :)

Sinned83

Reaction score
use 1 part all purpose cleaner to 5 parts water agitate with a scrub brush and use a shop vac after

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, honestly the best bet is just a new carpet, until then just suffer through it. the only other thing I could think of is a steam cleaning of sorts.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Graphite grey is hard to get stains out of. Cover what you can and replace when convenient.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Graphite grey is hard to get stains out of. Cover what you can and replace when convenient.

That's what I figured. Thanks. Maybe we'll have his detailer buddy take a crack at it when he's done angering my hubby with his dilly dallying lol

Sinned83

Reaction score
My old 94 was neglected Before I got it
Before

after

Justang

Reaction score
Yea, honestly the best bet is just a new carpet, until then just suffer through it. the only other thing I could think of is a steam cleaning of sorts.

I've had good luck with steam cleaning mine, but it probably depends on what the stains are, how long they've been there, etc. so get what you can, toss those mats in, and down the road do a little interior makeover.

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
I've had good luck with steam cleaning mine, but it probably depends on what the stains are, how long they've been there, etc. so get what you can, toss those mats in, and down the road do a little interior makeover.
Yeah I don't think I wanna know. It was a lady with dogs & kids (or 1 of each who was a massive car slob)

Sinned83

Reaction score
I like Meg's d103 plus. All purpose cleaner like I said 5:1 ratio agitate and then shop vac the crap out of it

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your not licking it enough...........$-)

chris91

Reaction score
I use purple power degreaser. For tough stains I use it straight and don't dilute it.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Try Folex (about $15 a gallon at Lowes) and see what happens. If Folex doesn't take it out, it's probably not coming out at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online