TPS Problems

Slum

Reaction score
Last weekend i decided to clean my MAF and replace the gasket on the throttle body since it was missing one.Once i took of the throttle body i noticed how dirty and oily it was inside.I decided to take off the IAC and TPS to clean the throttle body properly.Long story short i put everything back together and go for a ride. Immediately i noticed the car bucks really bad after i let go of the clutch and slows it self down.I went straight to the TPS and measured the volts. Wouldn't go over .2 volts no matter where i moved it.I checked the codes and sure enough i got 122,TPS under .6 so i disconnected the TPS and checked the source its a good 5 volts and the ground is also good but the test wire is still reading .2. My question is, is the test wire supposed to measure .2 even with the TPS disconnected??(The test wire is pretty beat up from many needles being poked into it) I wanted to know before i buy a TPS if i should first look into the connector.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
definately sounds like the TPS.
Have you tried testing it off the car. and "back pin" the connector instead of going through the insulation?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you probably got some crap down into the wiper on the sensor. If you happen to have electrical contact cleaner you can try a few spays of that and see what happens. Even if you don't have the cleaner just twist the sensor(as the tb would) back and for for a few minutes and it might clean the contacts on the wiper enough to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online