Tranny issues need help!

White 96GT

Reaction score
My 96 gt threw a trouble code the other day so I got it read and it said I had a TPS problem. Turns out it got unplugged some how. Well know my tranny doesn't shift from 1st to 2nd till I lift the throttle now. Does any one now what this means? I'm thinking its a shift solinoid? (SP?) I don't know I've been told to change the fluid and filter but can't see that being the problem because it drives normal after the 1,2 shift.

I need to know all possible options on what could be the problem?

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
the codes where erased and I left the computer uhooked from 700 aclock till around midnight. I have stock 2.73s

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
It runs hard though. I can go up the steepest hill in town with no rise in rpms. It accelerats like normal it just won't shift till I lift off the pedal and I can't accelerate fast because It will down shift into 1st and I have to let off for it to shift. Today I was going down the road at 70mph on the highway and gave it some gas to pass a car and it down shifted into 1st at 70mph I let off before it got to 4500 rpms but Dam I didn't mash it I just put it about half way down? I don't know I'm going on vaction at the end of this month and I'll prolly drop it off at the local shop to be rebuilt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online