Trans is stuck in reverse...

Reaction score
Is this a common problem for a t5? 1999 GT. Engine off still won’t come out of gear. Broken fork? Detent pin possibly? I pounded on the shifter - it will not come out. Easy to rebuild one of these things?

OP
OP

Reaction score
Wow I have a lot to learn about this car, I thought they were all t5.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure 95 was the end of the t5. Mod guys would know better but I thought 96up was all t45 unless you had a cobra or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Reaction score
Ok looking up t45 stuck in reverse is showing lots of results. Common problem apparently.

lutter94

Reaction score
Dont forget the 3.8s had t5’s too!

Was just gonna mention this. I have a 99 v6 t5 in my car. Was an auto. A 5.0 guy wouldn't want the bellhousing though. Smaller flywheel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Silver95bird

Reaction score
are you sure the clutch is releasing fully? usually reverse is tougher to go into, instead of out of. just my experience, ymmv.

they say it's supposed to be synchronized, but it doesn't always act like it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The bolt located on the top of the tranny has broke. This particular bolt serves as a guide for a particular internal tranny piece thats called something that i cant recall the name of...lol. But its broke!

My fix is to take a metric grade 12 socket head bolt of the same size , chuck up in a lathe and turn the end to the proper size while focusing on a nice radius transition to the rest of the bolt.

The t45 components came with alot of squared corners that allow to be easily ripped under pressure. Grinding/polishing/chmafering the edges and corners....better known as "radius reliefing" greatly improves their strength.

So, youll need to drop the tranny for this fix and while youre in there, perform some simple tricks that will strengthen it.

Take a look at the 3rd/4th gear shift fork to see if it has ripped as well. Im surprised this fork didnt fail first! Nearly 100% t45 that are abused break first with this fork.

This tranny is an easy fix and nothing you cant handle. Purchase an Eaton lock ring plier and youll be ready to go along with common hand tools. Youtube is a good help too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

cobraracer46

Reaction score
I did mine and people that drive it say it is the best trans ever.

The transmission in your car is not the best.

The PPG sequential shit T56 would be the best manual shift transmission that you could put in a mustang.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The transmission in your car is not the best.

The PPG sequential shit T56 would be the best manual shift transmission that you could put in a mustang.

Did you see anyone ask what the best transmission is?? And a transmission that bolts into a viper doesn’t bolt into our mustangs retard. Go spam elsewhere

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Did you see anyone ask what the best transmission is?? And a transmission that bolts into a viper doesn’t bolt into our mustangs retard. Go spam elsewhere

You are an idiot and a stupid fool because you are saying things that are untrue.

My mustang has a Viper T56 six speed in it.

By the way, this is a public forum and people have the potential to post anything including irrelevant dribble form fools such as yourself.

I will admit that your posts Entertain me so keep them coming.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You are an idiot and a stupid fool because you are saying things that are untrue.

My mustang has a Viper T56 six speed in it.

By the way, this is a public forum and people have the potential to post anything including irrelevant dribble form fools such as yourself.

I will admit that your posts Entertain me so keep them coming.

Guess what dumbass!! A Viper Specced t56 is not a t56 from a viper!!! A viper specced t56 is a hybrid between a t56 and a tr-6060. A t56 from a viper is too long for our cars and would need a custom remote mount shifter.

But please go on some more about your non existent garbage.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Guess what dumbass!! A Viper Specced t56 is not a t56 from a viper!!! A viper specced t56 is a hybrid between a t56 and a tr-6060. A t56 from a viper is too long for our cars and would need a custom remote mount shifter.

But please go on some more about your non existent garbage.

Everything you posted above is wrong and as proof to back up what I say, read the following articles, (if you have the mental capacity to do so):

https://tremec-blog.com/the-differences-between-the-tremec-magnum-and-tr-6060-6-speed/

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/drivetrain/17658-tremec-t56-transmission

By the way, I bought my Viper T56 year’s ago from D&D performance (long before the T56 Magnum was available) and I highly recommend them for all of your transmission needs.

OP
OP

Reaction score
I have a gforce faceplated t56 in my drift car, I’m well aware how good one is - but recommending a $7k transmission was pretty fucking stupid regardless.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jeez I thought we were trying to help PieHead ?
I have the spare forks around I could weld to monsters for you..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve talked to D&D plenty of times while laying out what’s going on my car. Specifically talked to the about the difference in a Viper Spec t56 which is what they sell and a viper t56 that comes out of a Dodge Viper. Not the same at all. I had them explain to me what all would be involved since I have access to a Dodge Viper specific salvage business locally.

Point blank they’re not the same or I’d have one for $500. Point blank your an idiot who once again showed no documentation saying that the almighty Dodge Viper transmission is what anyone sells to go in our cars.

And last but not least, you posted like the true dumbass you are about something someone should buy(which wasn’t asked for) when all they was trying to get was help figuring out why they couldn’t get out of reverse.

Go back to eating your crowns and fondeling mm’s tool box

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online