Transmission ideas

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys... Hoping somebody here can help. I am considering a C4 transmission or going with a Powerglide transmission in my car. Yes I am going to daily drive my car some and yes it is going to be a streetable race car. What are the pro's and con's of going to a C4 or going to a Powerglide. BTW... My track is an 1/8th mile track so that is what I am building my car towards. Also, what stall torque converter should I look at for either one of the transmissions?

Reaction score
on second thought, you are retarded josh. a powerglide is a GM product man. it shouldnt be allowed to touch a ford.

plus everybody knows that the t-45 5 speeds are the best boxes out right now!

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You're an idiot if you think that. This setup could be really awesome if properly put together.

voidfinger

Reaction score
is your car going to be making over 700 rwhp? if not then say no to the powerglide...

C4 is a good idea but i just don't see why? Go with a built 4r70w or 4r75w and have a o/d that you can drive around town and still get good gas milage and have a lock up style t/c that will kill a non lock up on the track and get good mpg on the street.

Just my .02 cents dude.

Reaction score
Mike. said:
You're an idiot if you think that. This setup could be really awesome if properly put together.

mike dont start, you dont know s*** about trannys.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
On my current combo, I am gonna be looking at Close to 550HP spraying. I am planning on spraying off the line. Most of the interior is coming out. thats why i said a streetable racecar. It will be street legal but I plan on making some power.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know enough that I have already replaced 1 T-45 due to it's "awesomeness".

Reaction score
Mike. said:
I know enough that I have already replaced 1 T-45 due to it's "awesomeness".

psh, 5 gears are better than 2! even if you gotta shift yourself! im disaponted in you lack of knowlegde mike... :nonono:

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Guys... this a thread about transmission choices for me. not your own personal mating ritual of bashing each other. If your gonna argue please go find another thread to piss on.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well with 550 go with a built 4r75w then... if you want old school then go with a c4... no need for a powerglide

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Guys... this a thread about transmission choices for me. not your own personal mating ritual of bashing each other. If your gonna argue please go find another thread to piss on.

Sry man...I won't waste anymore of my time with him.

Reaction score
josh, you can back off. this doesnt involve you...but, bac on topic. the 2 speed powerglide is totally gonna screw you when it comes to power. plus you are guarenteed to run out of gear...damn

mike im not done with you, youve never even changed a shifter much less a tranny...

voidfinger

Reaction score
both of you guys... guess what 5 speed = epic fail... sorry but you gotta repeat the class

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mike and jerry, go hug and kiss each other or take it outside, jeez.

Josh, exactly how much/far are you going to be driving it? Are you sure you're ready to really take it off the road?

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
On a long day? 100 miles tops. Most every day 14 miles roundtrip. Yeah I am ready to take it off the road. It will still be used some, but if I have to drive to my other location I can always swing by the apartment and pick up my beater car for the trip. I am ready to get serious about my car.

Reaction score
i dont think a c4 is gonna hold that much power josh... might wanna look into a AOD tranny...

they are way stronger than c4 or powerglides...

thats of course if you give up the t45 strength