Transmission ideas

Passenger

Reaction score
Powerglide will kill streetablilty. C4 isn't too fun either. I'd put a built 4R70W in it and never think twice.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Passenger said:
Powerglide will kill streetablilty. C4 isn't too fun either. I'd put a built 4R70W in it and never think twice.

Streetability is not an issue. Car will be used mostly for racing and some daily driving. 14 miles roundtrip daily.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'm confused... your really joken about the fact that a aod will hold more power than a c4 right?? shit stock c4's are like built aod's

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if streetability is an issue or not, they are streetable transmissions. They were designed for Pontiac catalina's and Chevy Impala's, not race cars.

I used to have a 65 four door Imp, funny as hell, I could put it to the wood, and it would bang high at around 75 mph, :hammer:

Ultimately, you'll be able to launch harder with a 'glide, not to mention they cost peanut's, and are built Ford tough, Ram tough, or Like a Rock, however your prefer.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd go with the powerglides because that be so cool telling yer friends "I have a powerglide", they'd be in awe.

Passenger

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Passenger said:

Streetability is not an issue. Car will be used mostly for racing and some daily driving. 14 miles roundtrip daily.
Streetability IS an issue IMO. Reguardless if the car is gonna go 5 miles, or 50+ miles. This is just my opinion, but there is NO point in putting in a Powerglide unless your gonna run low 9s or better. A built 4R70W would be the easiest one to put in the car. It has overdrive, which is a huge bonus reguardless of how far your driving. A C4 would suffice as well, but no overdrive, and you'd need an adapter plate and some other junk to use it I'm sure.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You guy's seem to be missing the fact that our parent's all drove around with 'Glides to friggen work, up and down Rt 66, and to the hospital to have us delivered.

how are they NOT streetable exactly? My Impala had a worn out 283, a 2lbl, a single pee shooter exhaust. It was really, really NOT a race car.

Bluextc

Reaction score
sʇǝɟ said:
I'd go with the powerglides because that be so cool telling yer friends "I have a powerglide", they'd be in awe.

+1

Ability to brag, ftw!

Passenger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
You guy's seem to be missing the fact that our parent's all drove around with 'Glides to friggen work, up and down Rt 66, and to the hospital to have us delivered.

how are they NOT streetable exactly? My Impala had a worn out 283, a 2lbl, a single pee shooter exhaust. It was really, really NOT a race car.
I don't know about you, but I like having more than 2 gears.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Passenger said:
J.R. said:

I don't know about you, but I like having more than 2 gears.

Ok, whatever, how does having two gear's effect streetability?

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:

Not saying that the glide isn't streetable... but to what degree it is streetable... 2 gears vs 4 gears... i know that if i drove 15 miles to and from work "which i do" i would want the built 4 gear... that way you can run reasonable gears in the pumpkin and everything is gravy. Plus why not... can you even run a lock up tc on the glide?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nope, until the 80's nothing had a lock up converter. With the 'glide you get a short first gear, he can spray off the line, and only one shift, so no time in between gear's.

For a car that's only coming out on the weekend to cruise a bit, it's perfectly fine.

Bluextc

Reaction score
Josh, why not just leave it as is, and tell people you got the powerglide?

:crazy2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online