Trouble codes but no issue.

akaNYr

Reaction score
I have a 95 Mustang GT 5.0. I got a 564 code (fan control circuit failure) but there is no problem with the car over heating. The negative side of the fan plug was melted but I direct wired all 3 wires to the be fan motor. All is good now and I cleared the code. Why is that code still coming up? Is there another way to clear the code besides thru the obd1 reader?20190417_191716_Film4.jpg

OP
OP
akaNYr

akaNYr

Reaction score
UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST ABOVE. After 30 min driving home from work today I saw smoke coming from under the hood. The volt gauge went way down almost to 8volts and the temp gauge was way to the 'A' in NORMAL on the gauge. It was stop & go traffic 5 miles, 7 miles highway then 4 miles stop & go traffic. I had the temp control on VENT & max cooling the whole time. I pulled in my driveway & opened the hood to see thick white smoke pouring from the vents in the new fan motor I just put in 2 weeks ago. I know Ford had A recall on the fan motor of the 1995 5.0 for the bearings seizing and causing the engine to catch fire. Does anyone know what the part number of the new fan motor used to fix the issue?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01

Members online

No members online now.