Trunk Brace Removal Photo

Reaction score
I was looking to remove some weight and this is one of the parts i have completed thus far.

Thanks for looking,
Jake-TDE

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it also has the power for the 3rd brake light and power for the trunk light. Just never seen it hangin down like that.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Seems like an awful lot of work for a fiberglass trunk lol.. How much weight did you end up saving from that? And Make sure you don't accidentally sit on it one day haha

OP
OP
TheDeafElectrician
Reaction score
Seems like an awful lot of work for a fiberglass trunk lol.. How much weight did you end up saving from that? And Make sure you don't accidentally sit on it one day haha

Mine was not fiberglass...And it was probably 6-8 Lbs.
Still quite sturdy actually.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
He didn't fiberglass anything he just cut the frame out that goes underneath the lid. it kind of looks like it with the change in the paint color.

9838stang

Reaction score

94-98 trunk lids dont have fiberglass. that is stamped steel. i am wanting a fiber glass lid like the 99-04

looks interesting btw OP. wounder how it will hold up

RichV

Reaction score
Just remember the back is where you WANT some weight. I know this is sprung weight, but once you start pulling the heavier items like HVAC, dash skeleton, unnecessary motor stuff, you'll be light out back. You really need to relocate the battery in the back and stash a fire bottle back there as well. Find a light seat, the OEM seats are extremely heavy.

You need to do a build thread, I believe this is the first SN GRM car I've seen, on here for sure.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'd like to know the final weight. I have a VFN fiberglass lid that I'm fitting to my car right now. So I'm curious. I went from the stock 38lb lid to my 8lb lid. My next big project is scraping out the sound deadening tar.

twovalveterror

Reaction score
Just remember the back is where you WANT some weight. I know this is sprung weight, but once you start pulling the heavier items like HVAC, dash skeleton, unnecessary motor stuff, you'll be light out back. You really need to relocate the battery in the back and stash a fire bottle back there as well. Find a light seat, the OEM seats are extremely heavy.

You need to do a build thread, I believe this is the first SN GRM car I've seen, on here for sure.

I've only seen a couple of the higher ends builds, to be honest, but a SN just doesnt seem suited for it. too expensive still, and you would have to put a ton of work in to get it to the level of some of the other cars. then again, if the goal is to go racing for 2013 bucks, I guess you can't lose with this.

MadStang

Reaction score

This. I added weight to the rear of mine + the wing just to get as much traction to the rear tires as possible. removing weight back there is generally not a good idea.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'm removing enough weight from the entire car, that 30lbs off the trunk isn't going to hurt me. My goal is under 3100lbs with me in the car.

chad5.0

Reaction score
Did the same to mine, Its amazing how much you lose in that little section.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online