TTSaleen's Terminator Cobra Project!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You'll never know till you try it yourself. But you can believe if I use it, it must work. LOL

That's sort of what I was thinking, because I know how anal you are. You notice any marring or anything?

Sorry for all the questions lol. I think I want!

And if you were to buy today, would you grab a hand held one or one for a d/a buffer?

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
That's sort of what I was thinking, because I know how anal you are. You notice any marring or anything?
Sorry for all the questions lol. I think I want!
And if you were to buy today, would you grab a hand held one or one for a d/a buffer?

The key to any clay action is to keep the area lubed heavily.
I ran out of my normal clay lube one day and used my waterless car wash solution. It worked so well that I continue to use it today.
Just diluted a little with water and go for it.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Looking great! I want a termi so bad, maybe after I get my student loans paid off. Only 8 years away ha!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
clay is nothing to be afraid of and once you do it you will never wax your car again with out at least hitting the bad areas....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not scared of clay lol, I do it all the time, but he's using one of those pads on the buffer that has, well I don't know what exactly but basically, instead of losing the clay when you drop it on the ground, you can rinse it off and keep going to town.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Here's progress so far.
1. Wash/dry.
2. Claybar (Nanoskin pad) entire car including windows.
3. Yellow CCS pad with FG400 compound.
4. Orange CCS pad with SI1500 compound.
5. White CCS pad with SI4000 compound.

Detail%201_zpsjold1pnl.jpg

Detail%204_zps5aqcuzl8.jpg

Detail%203_zps8rz2ngdp.jpg

Detail%202_zpsqp7ebdvc.jpg

Coming up tonight -
1. Blue CCS pad and Sealer.
2. Blue CCS pad and Pinnacle Souveran wax.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I've been working on getting the car road worthy and last couple of weeks.

To start with, the day after I brought the car home, I sold the hypersilver saleen wheels and junk tires off it.
Hypersilver%20wheels_zps1admwklq.png

Next I changed out the worn brake pads for a new set of ceramics. I also repainted the calipers red.
Rear%20brake%20complete_zps8cjepau6.png

After that, I changed the engine oil (Valvoline 10W-30) and serviced the transmission with Royal Purple Synchomesh fluid.

I found the Steeda Triax shifter was loose, leaking fluid, and the stops not adjusted correctly.
So I took it apart and regreased it then sealed it up and adjusted the stops. I also installed my new Fastlane Motorsports shift knob.
triax%20rebuild_zpsia4ymws5.jpg

fluid%20install_zpssromttkq.jpg

shift%20ball%202_zpsa8foeyrt.jpg

shift%20knob%201_zpsnalynqh7.jpg

I had a major squeaking/squealing noise coming from the engine.
I diagnosed this as a idler bearing failure. I decided to press in all new bearings into the idlers and tensioners and solved that problem!
I also replaced the factory crank pulley cage with a METCO 2# lower setup. Trying to find a correct belt was a challenge, but I ended up getting one that was the right size.
Cobra%20metco%20kit%201_zpsk1drktpx.png

Caleb @ Fastlane hooked me up with some takeoff parts he had including ACCUFAB single blade throttle body & inlet, AFCO dual pass heat exchanger, and a SCT BA2600 mass air meter.
accufab%20inlet%20mass%20air_zpshlqas612.jpg

I went ahead and put in a fresh set of NGK TR6 spark plugs when I installed the throttle body and inlet.

I also installed a new water pump and Reische 170* thermostat.
Cobra%20metco%20water%20pump_zpsucugkj8c.png

During my checks, I found the intercooler pump relay was bad and no allowing the pump to run and cool the supercharger. I replaced the relay and solved that problem quickly.
Cobra%20relay_zpsiln0lqdd.jpg

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
My wheels and tires finally arrived. I am so happy with my choice on these.
Hard to beat a chrome 18" cobra wheel on a cobra mustang! These are staggered and 9" in front and 10.5" in rear. Tires are Toyo T1 in size 275-35-18 and rears are R888 305-35-18.
Toyo%202_zpsytjhfynk.jpg

Toyo%203_zpsczgfs6mg.jpg

I found my car already had H&R lowering springs, however the top spring isolators were missing and the stock caster/camber plates were still installed. I got a set of Maximum Motorsports spring isolators and their 4 bolt caster/camber plates and installed them.
Cobra%20mm%20kit%201_zps9jh8vp6t.png

Cobra%20mm%20kit%202_zpsyd1t3bdn.png

Cobra%20mm%20kit%203_zpspxsg5gat.png

When installing the rear wheels, the tires were too close to the IRS bolts. I installed the Maximum Motorsports low profile bolts along with new IRS bushings and have sufficient clearance now.
Cobra%20IRS_zpslbqoata7.png

Cobra%20irs%20spring%20isolators_zps9ml5cerj.jpg

Cobra%20irs%20mm%20bolt%20kit_zps4xhn5jnw.jpg

Cobra%20irs%20bushing%20sleeve%20install_zps8ycfmvtj.jpg

Cobra%20irs%20bolt%20clearance%202_zps79qbutmd.jpg

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
It was finally time to get the car back on the ground so I could wash it and start my paint correction.

Cobra%20detail%204_zpsm8js7ws6.jpg

Cobra%20detail_zpsdgyapxnx.jpg

Cobra%20detail%20flex_zpsmo9hgwns.png

Cobra%20detail%20reflection_zpsoyncl22g.png

Detail%201_zpsjold1pnl.jpg

Detail%204_zpsoynemhxa.jpg

The springs have to settle in a little, but here's a shot with my other project, the mighty LS powa'd G8!!!
Cobra%20and%20G8%20driveway_zpsqgno8zh4.png

I am still working the paint and have sealed it last night.
Plan to put my Pinnacle wax on it tonight and then schedule the wheel alignment, window tint, and Fastlane Motorsports custom tune.

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
You move so fast! I've owned mine for a year and I just recently bought a set of wheels haha.

18x8.5 and 18x11 XXR 531 in gold and polished lip

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love how you just don't mess around. All those little things add up and make such a huge difference. Should make for a really nice comfortable, powerful car when you're done :)

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Grand Design Mat showed up today.
I went with the Chrome letters and Red inserts.
Crappy night pictures. :(

Grand%20mat%201_zpsrds1z6nm.png

Grand%20mat%202_zpslxuezi0r.png

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Awesome work man. Car looks flawless! I use Menzernas FG400 as well, although it left some marring on my paint. Never got a chance to follow it with the SF3500 (I believe its called). Anyways, Flex buffers ftw! I have the same one lol

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Awesome work man. Car looks flawless! I use Menzernas FG400 as well, although it left some marring on my paint. Never got a chance to follow it with the SF3500 (I believe its called). Anyways, Flex buffers ftw! I have the same one lol
Nice! I love my Flex dual action! I only use speeds around 2 when using the FG400 and the CCS yellow pad. Never had any marring issues. Are you using a higher speed or a different type of pad?
Have you also used the Nanoskin pad on the Flex for clay barring? It is absolutely fantastic.
Ryan

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I need to order that thing since you keep talking about it lol. I love the trunk piece!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice! I love my Flex dual action! I only use speeds around 2 when using the FG400 and the CCS yellow pad. Never had any marring issues. Are you using a higher speed or a different type of pad?
Have you also used the Nanoskin pad on the Flex for clay barring? It is absolutely fantastic.
Ryan

Ahh damn, I used a higher speed. Now that I think about it, it was 4. Next time I'll bump it down to 2. I've had this flex for like 5 years, I love it. No I haven't tried that pad yet, but honestly I'm putting it on my to buy list! Clay barring by hand is torture haha.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Quite a few updates this week!

First, let me say how important it is to do routine maintenance INCLUDING changing your damn fuel filter!!
Now I know these are a ***** to get to around the IRS, but I had my tank dropped to do a return fuel system, so it was easy.

Just for the record, what comes out of the filter should not resemble motor oil!! LOL!!

Dirty%20filter%202_zpsgbnfmnvs.jpg

Dirty%20filter%201_zpstqfbvccv.jpg

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Old tank removed.
Old%20tank%20removal_zpsjkfeyt6v.jpg

Blow off dirt and debris to get ready to swap the hat.
Old%20tank%20cleaned%20up_zpse1dwpzbt.jpg

Hat assembly with Lethal Budget Return Fuel system and GSS342 pumps.
Fuel%20hat%20bench_zps46htxqnf.jpg

Assembling the regulator.
Regulator%20on%20bench_zpsszbemwvc.jpg

Hat installed into tank.
Fuel%20hat%20installed_zpsjqswtttu.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online