turbocharger question

VulcanGT

Reaction score
hey guys. i wan thinking of turbocharging my 95 GT a little bit down the road and i have a few questions. i want to first replace my block with a better one since the stock ones dont hold up too well after about 400whp or so ive heard. then i want to go with a better H/C/I setup, but i dont know which. i want to have a car with a pretty decent bottom end and some more pickup in the higher RPM's as well. if i were to replace my block, where should i buy it from? what size turbocahrger should i be looking for? also, can u tell me what H/C/I setup would be best for the setup im looking for?

thanks for any feedback :)

Spyder

Reaction score
First thing first, how much power are you trying to accomplish? That right there will determine just about every other step you should take. If you wanting a high horse pushrod, my suggestion would be either a r302 block from frpp, or a dart block. There are so very many places to get them from and each place is different. both the r302 and the dart are capable and have held power levels of 1000hp or more. but your rotating assembly will be determined by your expected power levels. my guess if your wanting an aftermarket block you gonna go all forged, or maybe billet. as far as h/c/i that is all gonna vary depending on preference and what you want with the care. Another thing you gonna want to look into is what dispacement you want. there is always the huge debate over wether a 331 or a 347 is better, and its never ending, believe me. So, decide how much you want, and what you plans are for the car, then go from there. Hope this helps a little.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Right on Spyder - He knows the aftermarket 302 stuff well.

Bout time you joined up you little caffer!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
To answer all your turbo questions, go to www.turbomustangs.com There's a wealth of information there. I'm studyin up on that site to do my twin turbo fox body project.

Spyder

Reaction score
Also dont forget about your budget. Thats my biggest issue right now is finding where i hid the bag-o-cash to do the stuff. Plan your money then go from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online