turndowns & ac eliminator

97vertstang

Reaction score
anybody have turndowns or ac eliminator pulley???just want some experiences on both and what u think or why i shoul or shouldnt.i never use the ac and quite frankly dont like it, and was thinking if it frees some horses might as well get rid of it.i also want a louder exhaust but since o/r midpipe is illegal here in CA im thinking of turndowns.just want to know of what u guys think???

98SILVERSTANG

Reaction score
The only issues with running turndowns is if you sit idle for too long the fumes get into the car and it also has alot of drone. Other then that I don't think there is anything else. The a/c delete is gonna come down to your preference. I ran the Reichard Racing a/c delete kit it's pricey but it's one of the only kits that is 8 rib and it gives you upto 8" of adjustable tension. Good luck

Alain

STNG_96

Reaction score
Meh, to me, Turndowns are just SO loud inside the car, you can barely hear yourself think.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
i just did them today and i love em!!!i got a stock exhaust all 6 cats. 40 series mufflers and now my turndowns and i think it sounds bad ass :thumb: one question are turndowns illegal :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Meh, to me, Turndowns are just SO loud inside the car, you can barely hear yourself think.

I agree its not something I would want on a daily driver.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The loudness depends on your mufflers, and if you have cats or not.

Since you mentioned midpipes are a no go, I'm assuming you have the stock on one there,
That means you have (6) six, cats. like a big ol' sausage.
Cat's act as resonators, and will quiet down the exhaust, so unless you have blow through mufflers,
I dont think it would be too loud.

I had catless X with roush side exit mufflers - THAT was loud.
I put on stock mufflers with my catless x, and dumps, and it's alot quieter.

Why don't you like your stock exhaust ??

On the AC delete, I'd look into how much power you'd supposedly save, and see if it's worth the cost.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
i got a 70 buick skylark with headers and 3 inch exhaust THAT IS LOUD, so when i got my mustang and installed 2 chamber flos i was dissapointed.i noticed i had 6 cats so i knew that was keeping it down.i want a midpipe but since its my daily driver i dont want any trouble with cops, so thats why its a no no.now that i did the turndowns i love the way it sounds :thumb: its loud but not omg loud.now my only concern is i found out turndowns are illegal in some places.well im going to keep it like this ,if a cop ever tells me anything ill just put my pipes back on.on the ac i decided not to.i dont like using it but once i get rid of it i wish i had it.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Most people I know say F the po, and run either an o/r H, X or prochamber, prochamber sounds sick btw. I never got pulled over for my exhaust being too loud when I had the headers, O/R H and catback on and that was a 120+db system at wot. Unless your cops are ricers and hate the sound of American muscle, or you just rip everwhere you go and drive like an asshole you shouldn't have a problem or get in trouble for it.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
no, i dont drive crazy, and most cops here seem not to like imports.so i feel better :thumb:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I wouldn't really worry then, inspection is the only thing you pass, so just swap em out every year or two. I know lots of people that do it.

jareds98gt

Reaction score
iv got turndowns w/ 40 series flows and an o/r h pipe. it does get a little loud sometimes, but you'll get used to it, plus i set off car alarms all over the place, i love it.

Robuilt

Reaction score
i installed the FMS a/c delete kit.
pretty easy, three bolts.

now other than my own personal observations, i dont know how much HP was freed up by my engine revs a heck of a lot easier without the a/c compressor there. worth the money in my opinion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online