Rodent prevention?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Saw NHOU (New Hampshire Oil Undercoating) advertised on MavTV, then went to their website and actually happened upon a product that speaks to an earlier thread of mine. So I wanted to bring it up with you all and get some feedback.

1. Has anybody used this or something similar?
2. Does it work?
3. Does it last?
4. How’s the prep and application?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate any/all feedback based on your experience (or even experience from a friend, cousin, neighbor, etc!)

Once my knee replacement heels, I’m going to resume my Mickey Mouse leveling of 1/2 of the shop with the remaining bags of cement I have and HOPEFULLY get my Snake parked inside!

Cheers all and thanks again!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I can say that any off the shelf peppermint oil at just 1 part per 10 parts water in a spray bottle keeps away pests, but if the car is outside then you have to re-apply every few days. But nothing beats a good old fashioned mouse trap with some Peter Pan or Jiffy. Just wear latex gloves when resetting the trap!

shovel

Reaction score
I don't know how helpful this will be because I know it's not a possibility in every town or climate... we've got a lot of neighborhood cats who just roam around doing their thing. I'd prefer if they didn't #2 in my vegetable garden but other than that I never have rodents chewing up my cars so the kitties are welcome to do their biz where they need to.

As such I have never used an oil or other type of product for that purpose.

GTamas

Reaction score
Around our place it's less of a problem with mice, but rather with martens sometimes. Once I found the isolation of the A/C line chewed off on my daily driver. I had to thoroughly clean the engine bay and then I installed a system that has microwave sound to repell them and also some contact plates that zapp them if they touch them. Since then I had no problem.

I wouldn't put that in my Mustang, but I bought a battery operated microwave repeller that I put under the car if I have to leave the car outside for the night.

The daily driver Ford Mondeo is every night outside.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok cats suck we all know, how afraid of snakes are ya? there are SOOO many that could absolutely never hurt a person but will do a great job keeping the rodents down. Don't get me wrong they will probably make ya jump a little when you see them, but once you understand snakes a little bit they are not nearly as scary as we were raised to think.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Rat/mice traps have been effective, especially a 3/4 full Home Depot 5-gal bucket of water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online