turtle wax ICE synthetic wax (pix)

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
I gotta say this Ice wax has totally brought the color and shine out in my car. And no my car is not Black.

Mustangs201.jpg

Mustangs204.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
I seen pics and they all look great, unfortunately all users have reported it doesn't last long. Less then a month which is pretty crappy. They say it works awesome for trim restoration tho. If you can find Mothers Synwax it has much better durability with an equal eye appeal.

G

GREG@SN95

Natty's Blue paste ftw...

I plan on moving over to all poorboys products...

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

there is better stuff out there than poorboys....Try 1Z or Wolfgang

G

GREG@SN95

SRT Handz said:
GREG@SN95 said:

there is better stuff out there than poorboys....Try 1Z or Wolfgang

I'm am very very very happy with the poor boys... its not extremely expensive, and it does a damn good job... The Natty's Blue paste had an srt8 charger we did so shiny it made us sick when we looked at it...

And more important when it comes to detailing is how its done, not so much what you use...

wytstang

Reaction score
For the most part it's Paint Prep > Product that said Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant knocked Nattys Blue to the lower shelf for me. Menzerna polish stomped Poorboys and Optimum for me. Poorboys is a very solid line of detailing product. Greg before Nattys use some PB Polish w/Carnuaba for some really nice results.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
For the most part it's Paint Prep > Product that said Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant knocked Nattys Blue to the lower shelf for me. Menzerna polish stomped Poorboys and Optimum for me. Poorboys is a very solid line of detailing product. Greg before Nattys use some PB Polish w/Carnuaba for some really nice results.

Thats what I'm planning on doing...

I use the Meguire pro mirror finish shit now... (wax and polish) and that does a damn fine job... but I know there is better stuff out there...

wytstang

Reaction score
Megs Mirror glaze line has some nice offerings, actually the Mirror glaze line is way ahead of the NXT and other line they sell in stores. Another great OTC detailing line is Duragloss autogeek staring carrying them http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss.html but Napa, Parks Auto and O'Rielys can get them as well (no shipping fee to boot). So far the only product I heard sucked was the wax, everything else folks have been very happy with.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
Megs Mirror glaze line has some nice offerings, actually the Mirror glaze line is way ahead of the NXT and other line they sell in stores. Another great OTC detailing line is Duragloss autogeek staring carrying them http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss.html but Napa, Parks Auto and O'Rielys can get them as well (no shipping fee to boot). So far the only product I heard sucked was the wax, everything else folks have been very happy with.

Yeah, the Meguires does a great job...

Are you a detailer? What do you use?

wytstang

Reaction score
Nope I'm more of a weekend warrior who's in up the his head with detailing products & knowledge. It's a hobby of mine and I've gotten very very good at it. I use different companies for different jobs. I use Optimum, Poorboys World, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, DP, Lake Counrty pads, and Megs.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
Nope I'm more of a weekend warrior who's in up the his head with detailing products & knowledge. It's a hobby of mine and I've gotten very very good at it. I use different companies for different jobs. I use Optimum, Poorboys World, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, DP, Lake Counrty pads, and Megs.

Yeah... Well I run my own detailing business... and its gotten very successful very fast... All the methods I use are great, I got that down pat... I was learned by a man thats been doing this stuff 40+ years...

But I don't know what the best products to use are... What would you recomend?

Generally, our full detail consists of...
Claybar,
Compound, (if needed)
Meguires pro mirror finish glaze/polish
Meguires pro mirror finish wax (smells like bananas)
Then we top it off with some Natty's blue paste (bubble gum)

The Natty's is for dark colored cars, but holy crap does it do a fine job on silver too...

Any recommendations are appreciated...

wytstang

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
Yeah... Well I run my own detailing business... and its gotten very successful very fast... All the methods I use are great, I got that down pat... I was learned by a man thats been doing this stuff 40+ years...

Claybar-Claymagic Blue clay; Claymagic owns ALL the righs to clay in the U.S so basiclly all the clay comes from one place. Mind you company can have there clayed tweaked to the spec to they are not 100% alike.
Compound, (if needed)-Expensise but Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is magic in a bottle, But if your working in the sun Optimum's Hypercompound/Compound do a fine job in the sun. The draw back is Optimum using quick a bit more oils that make for longer working time to break the polish down.
Meguires pro mirror finish glaze/polish-For a true Glaze Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze is my go to glaze. It also contains very very light cleaners/abressives. For a true Polish Optimum's did a nice job.
Meguires pro mirror finish wax (smells like bananas)-Megs #26 synthetic blend wax is a great offering. Good looks with decent durability. If you want a carnuaba wax that is bullet proof and last a very very long time Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 can be found in a Marine shop. It can go through the nastiest winter (with heavy raod salt) and still protect the paint like a champ at the end of winter.

The Natty's is for dark colored cars, but holy crap does it do a fine job on silver too...

The reasons I recommended Optimums over anything else is because of price per ounce. Since your doing large amounts of vehicles price becomes more of a factor. Poorboys polishes (using a buffer) dust so after your done buffing you have to go back and clean up. Time is money no need to waste it if you can avoid it. I have to go to work so if I can think of anything else to add I will.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Claybar-Claymagic Blue clay; Claymagic owns ALL the righs to clay in the U.S so basiclly all the clay comes from one place. Mind you company can have there clayed tweaked to the spec to they are not 100% alike.
Compound, (if needed)-Expensise but Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is magic in a bottle, But if your working in the sun Optimum's Hypercompound/Compound do a fine job in the sun. The draw back is Optimum using quick a bit more oils that make for longer working time to break the polish down.
Meguires pro mirror finish glaze/polish-For a true Glaze Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze is my go to glaze. It also contains very very light cleaners/abressives. For a true Polish Optimum's did a nice job.
Meguires pro mirror finish wax (smells like bananas)-Megs #26 synthetic blend wax is a great offering. Good looks with decent durability. If you want a carnuaba wax that is bullet proof and last a very very long time Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 can be found in a Marine shop. It can go through the nastiest winter (with heavy raod salt) and still protect the paint like a champ at the end of winter.

The reasons I recommended Optimums over anything else is because of price per ounce. Since your doing large amounts of vehicles price becomes more of a factor. Poorboys polishes (using a buffer) dust so after your done buffing you have to go back and clean up. Time is money no need to waste it if you can avoid it. I have to go to work so if I can think of anything else to add I will.

cool, thanks... I'll pick me up some optimum crap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online