Tweeter not working on my Mach 460

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
I've checked the wires and don't see any obvious problems. No sound coming from the tweeter at all. Any ideas?

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
on all four, or just one? if just one, chances are you fried the tweeter. if no sound at all from all four, could be something wrong with the amp under the radio

Ciotti

Reaction score
The tweeters are actually driven directly from the headunit so if the speaker isn't blown check the connections at the back of the head unit and check the two wiring harnesses to the right of the head unit inside the dash.

OP
OP
G

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
reivaxtorres said:
on all four, or just one? if just one, chances are you fried the tweeter. if no sound at all from all four, could be something wrong with the amp under the radio

It is just one tweeter. If it was blown, wouldn't is at least make some static? Any ideas for replacements?

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Ciotti said:
The tweeters are actually driven directly from the headunit so if the speaker isn't blown check the connections at the back of the head unit and check the two wiring harnesses to the right of the head unit inside the dash.

not on the 94-00 Mach 460 system. the sound goes from the headunit to the 1st amp, then its split, one signal going to the tweeters, and another going to the rear amps.

the 01-04 Mach 460 has the tweeters driven directly from the headunit.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
gutboybarrelhouse said:
reivaxtorres said:

It is just one tweeter. If it was blown, wouldn't is at least make some static? Any ideas for replacements?

no, if its blown it doesnt have to make noise, it can just quit on you. if you really want to test it however, take that tweeter out and plug it in on the other side of the car. if it works, then its an AMP problem you have, chances are thats blown and not your tweeter. if the tweeter doesnt work when you plug it in on the other side, then its the tweeter.

as for replacement of the tweeter, just get another factory one. they are going for cheap on ebay and on the forums. i think there is someone on this forum thats selling a complete mach 460 system (i think hes willing to part it out too) out of a 95 GT, maybe you can pick up the 1st amp (the one located under the radio) or the tweeter from him, whichever one you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
95cobra5

Members online