Two piece or one piece headlight?

J_lope82

Reaction score
Car I bought came with one piece headlights. I tried adjusting them because they were facing down and couldn’t see much at night. Well I broke one of the adjuster. I’m buying new headlights but I am trying to decide between two piece or go again with one piece. I know one piece looks better but I also like two piece. Which ones are better overall?

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I would think you can get more adjustment from a two piece headlight and that would give better visibility at night. Is my assumption correct?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
most people do not take the time to get them lined up to meet the body and have the light straight out. Then they throw an HID in it and it just gets worse. I did a retrofit on mine and I am happy with the output and I think they just give the front end a little cleaner more modern look myself.

nG7PtqB.jpg

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Awesome looks great. I just wasn’t sure if you can get enough adjustment out of them.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Awesome looks great. I just wasn’t sure if you can get enough adjustment out of them.
it can be made harder if you have had front end damage just because getting it lined up with the fenders is the first part and %75 of the work. Take your time to get all the spots lined up and mine went in with out too much trouble. They do not just slap in like the stock ones do but that is the price we pay for cool shtuff

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I have also heard they leak water in. I don’t really want to worry about my lights. I want to install and not worry about them for several years. The seals on the one piece that came with the car came unglued. The bulb socket retainer thing is just hanging over the bulb and not really doing anything like it doesn’t belong there. The bulbs just slide in but nothing is holding them in place. Are the one piece lights all like that?

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
5ACF5749-F3D4-4586-9E1F-32C3F920ABE8.pngIf I get two piece lights I want to get these. They look good to me as well.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
My white and gray went on easy no problems did not have to do much
The red cobra ya I had to play with it for portion of the day till straighten out

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
some are not to bad , I put a set in for someone and it was tough nothing aligns
I had to play with front fenders pull out one side push in on the other , made me wonder why the nose of the car was twisted look to it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online