Two piece or one piece headlight?

TrickVert

Reaction score
The one-piece sets do look "cleaner" and more modern, but I guess I just have a more conventional mindset, and prefer the stock look if the two-piece design.

Those smoked SVE pieces will look great on most any color car, but keep in mind there will be some loss of light output.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
The one-piece sets do look "cleaner" and more modern, but I guess I just have a more conventional mindset, and prefer the stock look if the two-piece design.

Those smoked SVE pieces will look great on most any color car, but keep in mind there will be some loss of light output.
Good point, I want to see good at night.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
So which brand or model of one piece lights do you all recommend?
If you do American muscle has them marked pretty decent , just take your time with them ,if the black seal comes off apply black silicone to the back side just a thin layer will do let dry
and you may find your self making a little bit bigger holes for the adjustment mount
but take the time

95opal

Reaction score
Never saw a one piece that fit right or looked good.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I can always blow up the pic so you can see clearly
sometimes I have to do that I m blind as a bat sometimes
that's why I have 70 inch monitor to look at

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I’m thinking about tinting the front windshield a little bit. That’s going to make it a little harder to see at night as well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’m thinking about tinting the front windshield a little bit. That’s going to make it a little harder to see at night as well.
I have yet to know any state that allows for the tint to go down more than 6 or 8" on the windshield no matter how light. I had a buddy that did it back in the say on his old RX7. You could not see inside that car during the day and hardly see out of it at night, at least till he got pulled over 2x in 3 days for window tint violations.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I’ll check into that first. For some reason I remembered it being legal in Texas.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’ll check into that first. For some reason I remembered it being legal in Texas.
if you look in the side of almost any windshield 6-8" down there is a small line/arrow. Most places do not allow ANY tint below that line. I use to see people that ran a line of tint down to that line but for the amount of work I always thought it looked a bit off

joemomma

Reaction score
My tint guy wouldn't do the strip across the front of my '94. He said to do it right, you have to remove the mirror and the chances of breaking it and/or the windshield are very high in a 27 year old car. I know some folks that have done a real light tint across the entire front windshield, but I'm fairly certain it isn't legal, at least around here.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I think it was my tint guy the one who told me it was legal. Maybe he was just trying to make some money.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a quick google search for "Texas window tint laws" says "Windshield: 25% VLT tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line or top 5 inches, with less than 25% reflection. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 25% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used with side outside mirrors, 25% VLT without."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online