Two words MUSTANG WEEK

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
You guys are only one dirty state away from me, it's not a bad drive. I did it last year by myself with a loaded trailer. Just turned up the tunes and hit cruise control. Worst part was driving through the one lane farm lands to get into Myrtle, that's the part where there's no cell service and your in dash sat nav can't navigate around a closed road.

Sent from Space

Your car gonna be there this year? I'd love to see it if so!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yea like the weekend that it ends sounds like a good idea? you let me know man... and after the turnpike and Delaware bridge there isn't any tolls but up until that point it can get expensive so I do understand where your coming from lol I love my ezpass lol.. but its another idea if your down lemme know, ill take the ride cause ive always wanted to be there at mustang week

and yea man what day do you usually have them? im definitely down... i am sure there aren't to many turbo stangs that show up haha and we will definitely represent then

Yeah the weekend it ends would be good. I can see probably a couple stacks for gas.I could steal my parents Ez pass haha. I've always wanted to go, and watchin the vids makes me want to go more. i'm definitely down to go, would have to figure some shit out. we have our meets on wednesday nights. theres nothing crazy, mostly new 5.0s,boss 302s, s197s and new edges. A turbo sn would make them cry lmao.

TheMustangManiac

Reaction score
I'm in.

I could throw my car together with a stock motor and turbos, but I doubt the 2v will like that. No point in having the 2 turbos in at barely 4 psi so I don't blow this turd motor.

So I'll be there in something else

Anybody that doesnt want to pay for a hotel all the days let me know.

copmagnet

Reaction score
I'll be over sea's doing that deployment swagger, somebody wanna do me a favor and film/photos and get mod lists of all the smexy mach 1's there?

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yeah the weekend it ends would be good. I can see probably a couple stacks for gas.I could steal my parents Ez pass haha. I've always wanted to go, and watchin the vids makes me want to go more. i'm definitely down to go, would have to figure some shit out. we have our meets on wednesday nights. theres nothing crazy, mostly new 5.0s,boss 302s, s197s and new edges. A turbo sn would make them cry lmao.

yea I mean the gas part is expected, youll have 4.10s by then which will be interesting lol yea man they don't have to know about it (until the end of the month) haha yea I always hear about the Mustang week... I used to youtube the videos of guys burning out while leaving all the time.. shit I wanna be one of those guys ripping it up down the block lol

hmm I usually work until 8 at my dealership on Wednesdays but im actually trying to make that my day off instead of what I have now so when the meets start up again that would be perfect... cause my mustang club out in jersey has a meeting on a Wednesday of each month that I never get around to going to lol but yea everywhere I go if their are stangs its usually all new 5.0s.. and s197s and new edges too, only a select few have or show in our sn body... lol yea I love the reaction I get when they hear the BOV they start staring in a way like they are so surprised that somebody did that lol

95opal

Reaction score
It's 900-1000mi for me. The pull-out videos are better than in person because whoever posts those videos literally gets there in the morning to get that spot and doesn't move all day. There's gotta be 200 people on the side of that road. A bunch of us went to that corner last year and stood there for like 15mins, we all just looked at each other and said "fuggit."

:sign5: All in all its highly overrated and the local PD are :tard: ....id rather hit the all ford nationals in PA as it blows MW away...

1bad9d5

Reaction score
:sign5: All in all its highly overrated and the local PD are :tard: ....id rather hit the all ford nationals in PA as it blows MW away...

Carlisle is definitely something I want to go to as well... but I mean if somebody has never been to mustang week you don't think its worth going at least once?

95opal

Reaction score
Carlisle is definitely something I want to go to as well... but I mean if somebody has never been to mustang week you don't think its worth going at least once?

To me no to somebody else IDK .....All depends on the person I guess. A couple of things I look for when Im picking out shows to go see especially ones were long travel is involved. First thing..... is venue, yeah you have the beach and strip but the entire event itself is at a deserted mall. blacktop + southern sun with no real place to put up tents makes for a long uncomfortable day sometimes. Two..... caliber of cars attending, For as big as they promo it you wont see to many high end cars in attendance besides some of the shop built cars. May not matter to some but if Im driving to Carolina I better something other than bolt ons. Three,.... Vendors...how many and who will be there ..although they have a few it falls way short of Carlisle and no swap meet lol. Four..... the local PD really do suck down there makes driving around a very uncomfortable experience when you constantly worrying about the myrtle pd yanking ya for whatever they can come up with.

Now this stuff may not matter to the next guy but these are the type of things I think about. If I want to go to myrtle again ill book a flight and take a little vacation, other than that I wouldn't kill myself to make another MW again. Just not worth the drive in my book, but in the end its not what I think about it anyway. If its something you want to see and do go for it and find out how it is for yourself. You may have a totally different outtake from it than I did.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
To me no to somebody else IDK .....All depends on the person I guess. A couple of things I look for when Im picking out shows to go see especially ones were long travel is involved. First thing..... is venue, yeah you have the beach and strip but the entire event itself is at a deserted mall. blacktop + southern sun with no real place to put up tents makes for a long uncomfortable day sometimes. Two..... caliber of cars attending, For as big as they promo it you wont see to many high end cars in attendance besides some of the shop built cars. May not matter to some but if Im driving to Carolina I better something other than bolt ons. Three,.... Vendors...how many and who will be there ..although they have a few it falls way short of Carlisle and no swap meet lol. Four..... the local PD really do suck down there makes driving around a very uncomfortable experience when you constantly worrying about the myrtle pd yanking ya for whatever they can come up with.

Now this stuff may not matter to the next guy but these are the type of things I think about. If I want to go to myrtle again ill book a flight and take a little vacation, other than that I wouldn't kill myself to make another MW again. Just not worth the drive in my book, but in the end its not what I think about it anyway. If its something you want to see and do go for it and find out how it is for yourself. You may have a totally different outtake from it than I did.

yea the local PD thing kind of is a bummer and im sure it will only get worst each year just cause they can.. idk about scenery or anything but I definitely would like for an event like Mustang week to be in a nice location I agree that where it is, is pretty weak. As far as the caliber of mustangs I don't think im really to picky because even though a lot of people have same style, at the same time when it comes to a mustang there are so many different ways to customize your mustang to make it different from the guy next to you... I never really expect to see a full on race car, but that's just me. I haven't been to Carlisle yet, but my dad goes every year in his Shelby and loves it. Carlisle is only a couple of hours away from me so its just a matter of having the time 1 year and actually going lol

and yea I mean if I have already been there before and was kinda eh about it, then I would hesitate to go.. but I think now, because I have never been, if I can get somebody to cruise down with or multiple people.. I think it could be worth a shot at doing at least.. just like u said, ya never know, I may end up loving it who knows, but if I can get the finances and time and group, im probably gonna head down.. besides the hotels and reserving ahead of time, do you have to register in advance for it? or just a show up kinda thing

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yeah the traffic, roads, and heat sucks. If you have a low mustang, be prepared to get stuck. A lot. The roads are dipped out about 4 inches in some spots. The car quality is really meh and will leave you disappointed for the most part. The "show winners" are cars that would barely place in most shows around my area. There are about 5 nice cars down there, but the rest are nothing that you can't see going to your local mustang club meet.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea my car isn't slammed at all.. living in NY and the roads here I would never slam it.. the car was lowered by the previous owner so I don't know exactly what was put on but couldn't be more than an inch or 1 1/8" I do guess id have to be careful though because now with the turbo and the pipe underneath my front bumper that is attached with the intercooler kinda sucks, but I think I could manage.. I guess I kinda wanna go for the experience of being there, when I drove with my father and took his Shelby down to texas I didn't know what to expect and had such an insane time now im going back every year in my car lol... I doubt id go to mustang week like that, but itd be nice to just see first hand... still nowhere close to being able to go this year though

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This is by far my favorite Mustang show I get to go to every year!
I'll be there, set up by Latemodel Resto - and I'll have ALL of the new SPORT R500's there, so stop by - say hey - and check out the new seats!

TheMustangManiac

Reaction score
Here's the breakdown

25% for the mustangs at mustang week
75% for the women and parties in Myrtle Beach.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I definitely think it's worth going at least once, just go with other friends or else I could see how someone would wanna blow their head off just sitting in the hotel room all the time.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
For the most part. One of the really cool things is literally everywhere you go there's modded mustangs. I mean everywhere.

yea ive always had interest in seeing just how different each mustang can really be from each other

I definitely think it's worth going at least once, just go with other friends or else I could see how someone would wanna blow their head off just sitting in the hotel room all the time.

yea I would never even try and consider making that drive and staying by myself without knowing anybody there... talk about depressing lol... if my time and finances are set in the right place cause ill already be away for 10 days in October for an event, and if a friend wants to ride cool and maybe if [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] wants to and anybody he knows... can actually make it something good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online