uneven tread wear

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i have incredibly bad tread wear on the inside of my front tires and i know its from my car being lowered. my question is can i have it aligned or adjusted in anyway to correct this problem or do i have to get cc plates?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
i have bad tread wear without lowering the car..but you need cc plates on our cars from what ive heard

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had horrible tread wear on the right sides (The sides that stick out) of my front tires, then I got it aligned it the its fine now

tooslow

Reaction score
mine are horrible on the outer side of the front tires.

i need an alignment or something.

S

scarface

some cars need the plates, other dont... Take it to get aligned and they will tell you.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
we do alignments where i work, and the tech. that specializes in them told me that on the 94-98 mustangs, the factory cc plate "things" do
not have enough room for adjustment, expecially if the car has been lowered.. he told me to get aftermarket cc plates and then he could
adjust it all i want... so i added that to the never ending mustang "to-do" list

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
aw man that sucks. my tires are really bad. i prolly got 3/32nds left of tread in the middle but i can feel belts on the inside of the tire. guess ill have to invest in some plates. im about due for tires too so ill have to melt the old ones off before i replace them :naughty:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online