Unlocking door with key doesn't disable alarm

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
Like the title says. If I unlock the door with the fob, no alarm. If I use the key and then get in, the alarm goes off. That same key will start it.

'97 Cobra.

Where should I start?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] wasn’t there a trigger built into the lock cylinder or around it that had a wire for the disarm? Or was it built into the lock/latch mechanism?? I haven’t messed with it in so long I can’t remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't remember myself but the OP confused me. Opens the door with the remote, then uses the key and sets off the alarm?

OP
OP
P

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
I can't remember myself but the OP confused me. Opens the door with the remote, then uses the key and sets off the alarm?

Haha. No, sorry.

If I use the key fob to unlock, no alarm. If I use the key, the alarm goes off. Both start with locked doors.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much every car is like that. Same with reaching inside and pulling the door handle to open it. To the car, it's the same.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
some stock alarms connect to the switch but after installing security for over 10 yrs I never connected an aftermarket alarm to the switch unless it was just a factory alarm disarm that was sometimes needed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no the key has a few different uses still from starting the car to opening the trunk and glove box, to being used as a weapon if you know how.

now the lock on the door, yea that is just to unlock the door if a battery is dead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online