UPDATE biggest rear tires on 17x9 cobras. check!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it looks that bad, I think its one of those things that will grow on you.

Plus you must have gotten a great deal, the way things are now, take all the deals you can. Rubber is rubber, functionality is key.

And awesome work stuff!

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
All I have to say is haters gonna hate...

no rubbing yet, the ride is 100X more comfortable then before, I like the extra tire with my gears more mph in each gear. I did get a deal, my fronts will be on next weekend so I can ditch the 225 fronts, and I do not have to worry about my exhaust getting beat up.

it might not look traditional but it works, I'm happy with it

as for the abs comment, the car is equipped but the rears are unhooked. previous 275's ate the abs wire before i had spacers. so its already been on long enuf for me to be used to it.

I've had this thing for over 3 years and I'm tired of the everyday look. things are changing and its not gonna stop.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
lol nooo. APRIL FOOLS???? =[ It doesn't look right.

Naptown_Stang

Reaction score
That looks like :tard:

Pure84GTT said:
Ive seen the guys on svtperformance put 315 40 17 on stock 04 cobra wheels, which are 17x9

* note : they have to be nitto 555R's however (they tend to run smaller than other brands)

Nitto made it like that to fit on a 10.5 rim. The reason its smaller is for design purposes, putting it on a 9 inch rim defeats the purpose.

ryclef331

Reaction score
sn95gtvert said:
All I have to say is haters gonna hate...

no rubbing yet, the ride is 100X more comfortable then before, I like the extra tire with my gears more mph in each gear. I did get a deal, my fronts will be on next weekend so I can ditch the 225 fronts, and I do not have to worry about my exhaust getting beat up.

it might not look traditional but it works, I'm happy with it

as for the abs comment, the car is equipped but the rears are unhooked. previous 275's ate the abs wire before i had spacers. so its already been on long enuf for me to be used to it.

I've had this thing for over 3 years and I'm tired of the everyday look. things are changing and its not gonna stop.

Its not Haters hating. It looks white trash brother. Those ARE truck tires.

joekd

Reaction score
Naptown_Stang said:
not to mention your speedo is WAAYYYYY off now

To be exact 12.6% too slow, when you are going 67.5MPH your speedo will show 60MPH

94gtfreak

Reaction score
Good god....

Both me and a buddy of mine run 275's on an 8" rim

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
joekd said:
Naptown_Stang said:
not to mention your speedo is WAAYYYYY off now

To be exact 12.6% too slow, when you are going 67.5MPH your speedo will show 60MPH

add in the fact the car doesnt have a matching speedo gear. stock was 2.73's now rolling 3.73's.
it should be closer to correct now with the truck tires then it was before.

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
p.s.
they are still 3.73's, taller tires = more ground covered per turn.

also my fun for the weekend is over, glad i got you all riled up over it. lets just say I'm sizing some things up and needed to check. plus its fun having a raked out car rolling on fatty tires for 2 days.

Don't fret one little bit all you worry warts. all will be well and good in the fender wells of my vert. change is still happening.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Just an FYI, 275/55r17 is the correct size for a Mercedes Benz ML500 SUV :p.

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
cool beans yo, can you say you've spun a 28.9 tall tire cause I can.

and FYI Les Scwabs could not legally put my old 275's back on (nails in one) and had none in stock. so it was leave my DD till the tires show up wensday, or run around on these for the weekend so long as i don't ruin them. problem is im leaving for boise tuesday, stang goes in the trailer for the trip but i needed rolling stock while im there.

more pics next weekend
before
middle's, should be freaking hilairiouse
and after

better to have tried and failed then never tried at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brad Nimbus

Members online