UPDATE: Cobra coming closer to reality...

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
About a couple months ago I inquired about what kind of Cobra should i get with a max price of 8.5k. It may have seemed like an empty question which is common for forums. They are similar to those "build" questions that never go anywhere. Anyways, I was in an major accident a year ago and I sued the insurance company for damages. I ended up winning 25k from it. Im not going to buy a terminator even though that would be awesome, I will spend it wisely and the first major thing will be a 99/01 cobra convertible. This will happen and I am quite excited! I am beginning a serious search now because I an getting my money very soon like within this month. The only thing that will make me buy an SN95 (96-98) is if it is under 75k, is mint condition and is a Race yellow convertible. But yeah THIS is happening haha!!!

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
So what you're saying is you're want a 98 canary yellow vert or a new edge? Hahah there's been some nice cobras up recently

Haha yes canary yellow, my bad. Lol. It has to be perfect though. I am focusing mainly on the 99/01 cobras, I want it to be clean but I'll take something with minor paint and interior blemishes. I did find one about 6 hours from me which does have some minor exterior blemishes. I was thinking of getting those fixed as well if I have the money.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
You can pick up a termi fairly cheap considering. There are two on cl for under 20 in my area, both are verts. One has like 30k miles guy wants $17500 i think. Just so you know lol

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
You can pick up a termi fairly cheap considering. There are two on cl for under 20 in my area, both are verts. One has like 30k miles guy wants $17500 i think. Just so you know lol

Believe me, I totally would do this if I could. I have seen them as low as 13.5k Yeah Im sure this one is long gone or there are problems with it. I am going to save the rest of the money to buy a house.

Reaction score
house-on-a-trailer-600x350.jpg

:poker:

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
There's one up for sale in cali for close to that unless we're talking about the same one. I think it's an 03 and black right?
Yeah I am curious of why that isnt gone yet. Its definitely out of my budget though. There is a red '99 for 7k in LA. I am hoping I end up with that one. It may have some blemishes but because of the low price I plan on getting the paint damage fixed.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
Yeah I am curious of why that isnt gone yet. Its definitely out of my budget though. There is a red '99 for 7k in LA. I am hoping I end up with that one. It may have some blemishes but because of the low price I plan on getting the paint damage fixed.

I am thinking of these Cobras. I wonder about the gas mileage on the saleen one. Yes i am concerned with this since it will be my DD. My GT got 19mpg in the foothills where I live which I feel is pretty good; it got about 26 highway and this is with an automatic. I figure the Cobra will get around the same if not better. The supercharged one on the other hand I think it will be around 12-18 but I really dont know.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5655034269.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5669065781.html

Reaction score
I am thinking of these Cobras. I wonder about the gas mileage on the saleen one. Yes i am concerned with this since it will be my DD. My GT got 19mpg in the foothills where I live which I feel is pretty good; it got about 26 highway and this is with an automatic. I figure the Cobra will get around the same if not better. The supercharged one on the other hand I think it will be around 12-18 but I really dont know.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5655034269.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5669065781.html

dude you should pick this one up

the guy probably has no idea whats wrong with it so this could probably be a steal. granted its salvaged but dude...just look at it

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5696431564.html

get that red one though...im positive thats a real saleen cobra. i dont know many people making a saleen clone who would get saleen gauges, vent scoops, AND the plaques on the firewall and the shift boot area.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
You can get good mileage outta anything if you keep your foot out of it. Id go with the boosted one. That looks like the right price too

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
dude you should pick this one up

the guy probably has no idea whats wrong with it so this could probably be a steal. granted its salvaged but dude...just look at it

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5696431564.html

get that red one though...im positive thats a real saleen cobra. i dont know many people making a saleen clone who would get saleen gauges, vent scoops, AND the plaques on the firewall and the shift boot area.

I wish it was still there but its been deleted. I am going to inquire about the supercharged one, its perfect! I am almost thinking of doing payments on a Terminator @16k. I would pay just less than half of the price and Hopefully it would be a low payment. I really dont want payments though.

Reaction score
I wish it was still there but its been deleted. I am going to inquire about the supercharged one, its perfect! I am almost thinking of doing payments on a Terminator @16k. I would pay just less than half of the price and Hopefully it would be a low payment. I really dont want payments though.

if you put half down down on 16 with 2 years of payments youre looking at about 400 or so a month. but dude that saleen. GET IT

and if its not loading it was a silver vert with not a whole lot (under 100k i think) miles for 2500. said it needed a new engine but he didnt say or know for that matter what was wrong with it

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you put half down down on 16 with 2 years of payments youre looking at about 400 or so a month. but dude that saleen. GET IT

and if its not loading it was a silver vert with not a whole lot (under 100k i think) miles for 2500. said it needed a new engine but he didnt say or know for that matter what was wrong with it

At what interest rate? I figured that at 4.5% and still got $349 payments. And 4.5% is pretty high for a car. Unless your credit is bad.

Stretch it out to 36 months (more normal) and it's around $238. Super manageable, and if you want to throw more at it to pay it down, no big shake.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
At what interest rate? I figured that at 4.5% and still got $349 payments. And 4.5% is pretty high for a car. Unless your credit is bad.

Stretch it out to 36 months (more normal) and it's around $238. Super manageable, and if you want to throw more at it to pay it down, no big shake.

Yeah my credit isnt very good. But I am rebuilding it. I may just go for the saleen but I am thinking about it. I probably should not go get any more payments because I am trying to buy a home
. I just really want a Terminator really really bad LOL!! Ill settle for that saleen, it would be worth it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online