(UPDATE) Haven't posted in a while.

TheRainman

Reaction score
Well, some of you said I was a huge ricer before with the Xenon front bumper and side skirts, so here's an update to it's current status: skirt-less and stock. So no more haters, and no I didn't change because I was bashed for it, I just had a change of direction with it. So far I love it though.

And, YES. it needs paint and a new top and matching wheels. I've got new tires and top, I just haven't had time to get either installed, hence why I'm rolling on different wheels since I had a flat out back (cut tire)

Also that is my new baby in the background 1993 300zx Twin Turbo 91k miles. (figured I'd slip a pic of it in here somewhere)

2012-10-22111018.jpg

2012-10-20143151.jpg

2012-10-18154525.jpg

2012-10-18154513.jpg

2012-10-18154500.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
glad your back. Car is looking better. to tell the truth I didn't care for the xenon front bumper either.
Skirtless isn't bad either.
What ever happened to the rear wing you were making/modifying?

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
glad your back. Car is looking better. to tell the truth I didn't care for the xenon front bumper either.
Skirtless isn't bad either.
What ever happened to the rear wing you were making/modifying?

I lost interest and scrapped it lol

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
welcome back! Looking forward to seeing progress :)

Thanks, I'm glad to be back for a little while at least. Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be finishing the Mustang and selling it to pay for the Nissan's turbo upgrade. (500hp at the wheels) and getting a DD gas sipper/beater for commuting.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
lostsa ricers on the site now with wheels that are way too big and air ride stangs. I was curious about the spoiler as well as I thought it was going fairly well.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm glad to be back for a little while at least. Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be finishing the Mustang and selling it to pay for the Nissan's turbo upgrade. (500hp at the wheels) and getting a DD gas sipper/beater for commuting.

Have fun with that those 300z's are a PITA to work on, pretty much have to remove the motor to do anything. I almost bought one but I didn't thankfully

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
lostsa ricers on the site now with wheels that are way too big and air ride stangs. I was curious about the spoiler as well as I thought it was going fairly well.

Haha, well I'm not a "ricer" anymore. I got ticked off at the progress on the rearend build one day and basically in a rage cut the spoiler off and pulled the rear bumper off. Rode around without a rear bumper for a month or so. lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Have fun with that those 300z's are a PITA to work on, pretty much have to remove the motor to do anything. I almost bought one but I didn't thankfully

Now that is not shit. I can remember I had one come in for an alarm one time just finding a small area teh size of your fist to mount the siren took me almost an hour of wiggling all around/under that thing.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score

Hence the "having to sell the Mustang to pay for it" part. Yeah turbos have to be replaced, meaning motor has to come out. Oh joy. I got a good deal on it though and I've always wanted one so I jumped on it.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Hence the "having to sell the Mustang to pay for it" part. Yeah turbos have to be replaced, meaning motor has to come out. Oh joy. I got a good deal on it though and I've always wanted one so I jumped on it.
I think you're making a huge mistake and you're going to regret it but I'll respect your decision either way, I like having plenty of room to work on. Just PLEASE do one thing... Get the '08 350z wheels
20025-1991-Nissan-300ZX.jpg

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
I think you're making a huge mistake and you're going to regret it but I'll respect your decision either way, I like having plenty of room to work on. Just PLEASE do one thing... Get the '08 350z wheels

I thinking more along the lines of this to be honest, I hate re-purposed stock wheels. of course I'm not going to be going to the extreme "hellaflush" look with camber but...

Elias_300ZX_13-900x600.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hell, i hope you keep us posted on your ricer-rocket.... we're all gear-heads here :)

sn95jones

Reaction score
I thinking more along the lines of this to be honest, I hate re-purposed stock wheels. of course I'm not going to be going to the extreme "hellaflush" look with camber but...

Elias_300ZX_13-900x600.jpg

Why buy a fast sports car that's twin turbo and hellaflush it? Or atleast get close enough to it, you're just defeating the soul purpose of why that car was built

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
hell, i hope you keep us posted on your ricer-rocket.... we're all gear-heads here :)

haha, It's not "Rice" its JDM. get it right :D but yeah I'm gonna stick around, I'll probably end up in a sn95 again someday. hopefully it'll be a 03-04 cobra if I'm lucky. the JDM lifestyle around here has gotten pretty big recently and I have one of the mack daddys of them all. The end goal with the 300zx is to be able to play with some lamborghinis or ferarris and catch them off guard (give them alittle scare not beat them per say) lol

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
Why buy a fast sports car that's twin turbo and hellaflush it? Or atleast get close enough to it, you're just defeating the soul purpose of why that car was built

Yeah I want to "slam" it on some coilovers and get the whole 500hp to the ground in my quest for speed none of the "hellaflush" stuff for me. I just love that car, its a N/A so he doesn't have tons of power its a show built car for the street. I want a monster tire squealer and corner carver

sn95jones

Reaction score
Yeah I want to "slam" it on some coilovers and get the whole 500hp to the ground in my quest for speed none of the "hellaflush" stuff for me. I just love that car, its a N/A so he doesn't have tons of power its a show built car for the street. I want a monster tire squealer and corner carver
Slammed cars are not corner carvers.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
Slammed cars are not corner carvers.

^thats why I put Slammed in quotations My slammed it another persons 4x4 status. I want to lower it an inch maybe alittle more with 18s and it'll be perfect. that guys running a 12.5" wheel in the back with 245s that's not practical to me.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thats cool for looks. I think the mufflers TOOOOTALLY ruin that car. I'd like to see it with different exhaust and without the duck-bill on top.

The stance is good, but i personally like a gap. As you said, one man's slammed is another man's 4x4. lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online