(UPDATE) Haven't posted in a while.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
thats cool for looks. I think the mufflers TOOOOTALLY ruin that car. I'd like to see it with different exhaust and without the duck-bill on top.

The stance is good, but i personally like a gap. As you said, one man's slammed is another man's 4x4. lol.

haha I personally like the "2 finger" rule. I can stick 2 fingers between the tire and the fender that's my "slammed".

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to say of all the import sports cars that one has always been one of the smoother lookin cars in my opinion. Yea it sucks to change a fuse or the fuel/oil filter you need to pull the motor but if nothing else it looks fast standing still.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
I have to say of all the import sports cars that one has always been one of the smoother lookin cars in my opinion. Yea it sucks to change a fuse or the fuel/oil filter you need to pull the motor but if nothing else it looks fast standing still.

And the fact that 1993 the 300zx TT cost $65,000 off the show room floor is crazy too. book value on mine is still $10k and its 19 years old now. lol

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
If I were to go import it would have to be a WRX or Evo, but that's just me. However I have always liked the 300's for the very reason Scott mentioned, they're smooth. I do have to find it funny that the vehicles with the biggest engines typically have more space to work on them, where the smaller engines usually have less space.. Makes no sense lol.

Nice car tho man I like it

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
If I were to go import it would have to be a WRX or Evo, but that's just me. However I have always liked the 300's for the very reason Scott mentioned, they're smooth. I do have to find it funny that the vehicles with the biggest engines typically have more space to work on them, where the smaller engines usually have less space.. Makes no sense lol.

Nice car tho man I like it

Yeah Its hard to find a wrx or evo fairly cheap that hasn't been dogged out by punk kids around here. My buddy just bought a 2011 WRX Subie. It's not the STI but its pretty quick for what it is, not as fast as I'd expect an AWD car to be though. I love my Mustang but it's just time to move on I think, I've had it for 3 years now and I switch cars all the time lol. But I think the 300zx is going to be my first car that I keep "forever." If the Mustang was a cobra I'd keep it but GT models are easy to come by right now I can always get another one later.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
Another update, Just sanded and primed my ebay special taillights

Started out like this but the lenses are smoked:

49043.jpg

and the half finished product, ready for paint. I think it's gonna look good for the 30 bucks I bought them for.

2012-10-23145051_zpse28bfa80.jpg

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
A few more pictures, spent most of the day today on body work, it's almost ready for paint now. I'm really liking the skirtless look it looks really clean now. I also finally finished the 3rd brake light delete and smoothed the trunk panel. It's starting to really take shape, about time I know. lol

Also the wing is off in the second pic, I can't decide if I want to go wingless and skirtless or not. It kinda looks naked to me. but the back view looks alot better without it with the trunk being smoothed.

2012-10-29164353.jpg

2012-10-30171728.jpg

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wingless and skirtless looks like some sort of work/base model.....like TOO plain.....i really like the skirt delete but i'd keep the wing

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
much better!

Thanks man, I think it looks much cleaner, I was scared about getting rid of the skirts all together, but I think it looks sweet now that I've got the stock bumper up front. I'm to the point now, trying to figure out how I can swing keeping both cars, cause I'm starting to love the Mustang again

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
wingless and skirtless looks like some sort of work/base model.....like TOO plain.....i really like the skirt delete but i'd keep the wing

Yeah that's what I'm thinking It looks like something is missing. and I've already got the wing anyway, can't go wrong with it.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm thinking It looks like something is missing. and I've already got the wing anyway, can't go wrong with it.

exactly.....plus if you ever decided to roll without it just unbolt it for a while and throw it back on if you get sick of it

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
Alittle before and after action: (as of today anyway)

2011-10-28160259.jpg

2012-10-30171728.jpg

Crazy how different it looks, The only complaint I have it that the hood doesn't look as big with the stock bumper.

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
exactly.....plus if you ever decided to roll without it just unbolt it for a while and throw it back on if you get sick of it

Lol, Right now I don't have much of a choice because I dropped all 4 bolts into the trunk lid frame FML. So I'm gonna have to take the trunk off because i cant get my magnet stick thingy close enough to grab them.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i think ive got 2 bolts in mine but i use stainless bolts so my magnet wont get em out

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
Got another question, should I fill the holes on the fenders and leave the emblems off or should I replace them? I already bought the emblems like these:
!Bv55CCwB2k~$(KGrHqEOKjEEwWHmqyFmBMGivomEPQ~~_1.JPG

But since I smoothed the trunk I think emblems might kill the clean look I'm looking for.

Also to the mods: should I start a new thread in the builds section, or get this one moved?

OP
OP
TheRainman

TheRainman

Reaction score
Those mufflers look like Jet engines. It must be fast! haha nah I'm just playing it will be a fun car!

Hahaha I know it'll be an awesome car to have, if I can get everything finished on it (500hp boosted will be super fun). But I'm kind leaning towards keeping the Mustang now.. I don't know, if I keep the Mustang it'll delay the 300zx for a while, but I need a Daily Driver so I'd still have to buy another car. Gahhh I dunno what Imma do. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online