V6 1/4 mile car.... worth it?

white98stang

Reaction score
shine1stang said:
97whitevert said:
He needs to update this thread. He had the car retuned a couple months ago with meth injection, she put down 601rwhp and 825rwtq. I don't think he has ran it this year yet though..
I posted the results in the dyno section with lil hits. Went to the track with nothing really good to report except for my pb 60' or 1.57 and that i need a bigger fuel pump on the big end.
Oh and as for the buying a 03 cobra comment. While the cars are very very cool and make sweet power. I wont ever buy one. I like the simplicity of the v6 engine bay. After working on my buddys car for the last couple of days ive come to that decision. Pretty much everything is a B*tch to get to. And doin internal mods on those motors are big bucks as well.
Modding is modding, its gonna cost money.
Whewww.... But have you ever heard a termi with full exhaust. It's enough to make you nut your pants.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
white98stang said:
shine1stang said:
97whitevert said:
He needs to update this thread. He had the car retuned a couple months ago with meth injection, she put down 601rwhp and 825rwtq. I don't think he has ran it this year yet though..
I posted the results in the dyno section with lil hits. Went to the track with nothing really good to report except for my pb 60' or 1.57 and that i need a bigger fuel pump on the big end.
Oh and as for the buying a 03 cobra comment. While the cars are very very cool and make sweet power. I wont ever buy one. I like the simplicity of the v6 engine bay. After working on my buddys car for the last couple of days ive come to that decision. Pretty much everything is a B*tch to get to. And doin internal mods on those motors are big bucks as well.
Whewww.... But have you ever heard a termi with full exhaust. It's enough to make you nut your pants.

have you heard a cammed v6 with long tubes? it's not too bad either. Sure it's not the termi but it'll get your jollys off.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
but it'll get your jollys off.

Jolly's you say?
300px-718smiley.svg.png

white98stang

Reaction score
Actually nope I haven't because nobody I know has sunk that money into a v6.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
wow those V6's in the video's were quite impressive. I did not think the V6's were capable of such high HP numbers on the stock blocks.very impressive. While the V6 VS V8 argument will never change for me as far what I prefer ( I did own a 95 V6 at one time) and how they sound I will say that its really good to see other stangs out there other then the V8's representing us at the track. Very cool

shine1stang

Reaction score
white98stang said:
shine1stang said:
97whitevert said:

Yes i have... my buddy has a kenne bell 2.2l on top and 20psi of boost with long tubes and full exhaust. Its sounds great. I dont get off quite that easily. There are lil tricks that can help you with your problem tho...
Venom, i do agree. In the rare instances you find a few high hp v6s. We will never rule the world like the v8s do. Ive accepted this and thats y we do what we do. Gssmotorsports will soon be home to 3, yes 3 10 sec v6 mustangs. My dads car is quite capable of 9s. Mine will get there as i havent even screwed with suspension and continue to push the lil 61mm turbo to its limits. The third car being built will sport a turbonetics 76mm, and is an all out drag setup.
Yes it takes a lot of money to do. Ive never argued that. But does it take as much money to make 600hp with a v6 as a 302 v8. Im not sure, esp after you add the cost of an aftermarket block, as the 302 block only holds up to 500hp as it seems. Either way, hp is hp and it takes money to push the envelope, whether v6 or v8. Im a car lover, and like both sides of the line being drawn in the sand here.
Being that there is no aftermarket support for the v6, things like the heads and intakes are just ported. People have adapted other things to work on the v6 from the v8 world. My car uses ls1 springs and 351w rods. We are also currently working on a few top secret projects, if r&d goes well we will have a few more products addedd to the market. :angel4:
some food for thought b4 i go... 601hp/232cid=2.59hp per cid, that would be like a 302 making 782whp :thefinger:

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
white98stang said:
Guess I'm the only realistic v6 owner on this forum haha jk

why? i have a setup that is going on my car that is well capable of 400+ rwhp. in fact it's been done many times. Shine1stang took the easy way to it with a turbo :p

shine1stang

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
white98stang said:

why? i have a setup that is going on my car that is well capable of 400+ rwhp. in fact it's been done many times. Shine1stang took the easy way to it with a turbo :p
Easy way out? how about best way out....TURBO FTW my friend. Our cars react very well to a lil boost..
what are you doin to your car? Supercharge? Not gonna get 400 NA i can tell you that much.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
shine1stang said:
cnryYell0gt said:
white98stang said:

Easy way out? how about best way out....TURBO FTW my friend. Our cars react very well to a lil boost..
what are you doin to your car? Supercharge? Not gonna get 400 NA i can tell you that much.

it's a secret lol, but yes his will be supercharged

shine1stang

Reaction score
yeah thats what i figured.
My next v6 will b sc'd. I like that whipple setup that is for sale. That would be interesting...

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
shine1stang said:
yeah thats what i figured.
My next v6 will b sc'd. I like that whipple setup that is for sale. That would be interesting...

its an m90 with a little twist to it. People have gone over 400 rwhp with the MPX m90 case. I may go twin screw eventually though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr