Teksid 2V project updated 1/19/14 post 33

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Few things, who is going to be doing the cylinder work and are you planning on hot sleeving the block???

i have done the high compression 2v gig, actually still in the middle of it. Good job on deciding on decgreeing the motor, and I know your going with the tfs manifold but think twice, if your not going to spin super high rpm the oe pi will be the lowest weight, lowest temp, and lowest cost possible. Good build keep it updated

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duff, Ive talked to Livernois about the machine work, and plan on contacting L&M Engines as well. I want somebody that has some knowledge about sleeving these mod motors to be working on it.

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
I'll be following this for sure..... glad TF took care of you, makes me feel better about chosing them for my 2v. How do you like CMS? Did you have those cams in mind already, or did you talk to CMS to pick them out for you combo?

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my 3rd set of CMS cams. I ran Crowers and MHS cams in the past as well. Every set of CMS cams that Ive had performed really well. I chose these cams to compliment my engine setup and drag race goals. I ran it past Jim Cushman and he agreed that the step up in cam would be worth it. Jim is really helpful and knowledgeable, so I wouldn't think twice about shooting him an email if you have any questions...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bad ass stack of parts man ... Can't wait to watch it all come together . Time to make my list of winter upgrades

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I already got the 8mm studs and the correct chain guides for the Teksid...

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea man, my Cobra crank should be here in a week, and I talked to DSS about making some custom pistons for me. So Im hoping by March I will have the tables full of all the parts that I need...then I can start getting serious about getting the machine work done...

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, little update. The Teksid project is still underway, however, its going to slow down. I was hoping to have the car up and running by this coming spring, but I would have to spread myself pretty thin moneywise, and with having a house, wife, bills, etc. I don't want to consume all of my extra money on this build and be screwed if something happens. So with that being said, I yanked my stock short block out of the corner of the garage and cleaned everything up. I plasti gauged the rod and main bearing clearances just to make sure everything was good, and with only around 40K on it, everything was well within spec. I installed my new Trick Flow heads and CMS stage 3 cams, and threw it in the car. She fired right up and runs great. So I will drive it and drag it the way that it sits now, while continuing to collect parts for the big bore Teksid and possibly carbed build. I picked up some 17 inch race stars the other day with tires so that I can run my Bullitt front brakes all of the time now. Before I would switch back and forth between the Bullitt and stock GT brakes because I didn't want to run a huge spacer with the Bullitt brakes and 15 inch Pro Stars. So now that the car is running, I will get it retuned because of a few changes that Ive made, i.e. larger cams, EGR delete, MAF moved to the fenderwell, and PPRV delete. My main focus is getting the rear suspension dialed in for this coming year. Ive recently purchased the following:

Team Z stock location rear drag springs
Team Z Street Beast lower control arms
Strange 10 way rear shocks
Baseline anti roll bar
CHE Performance Track Attack axle brace
Baseline relocated upper control arm kit (already had)

The axle brace has brackets built in to it that has multiple mounting points for the rear lower control arms. With my car being lowered, the lower control arms are at a goofy angle, so this will let me set my instant center correctly, and coupled with my Baseline relocated upper control arm kit, I will be able to dial in my instant center and pinion angle pretty easily, and still let me have the car lowered. I just replaced my axle bearings and seals yesterday since the car is apart for safe measure. And last but not least, I will be buying a new set of Mickey Thompson ET Drag stiff wall slicks. My best 60ft and ET. was actually ran with this stock shortblock and Trick Flow heads with smaller cams and less gear, and more of a street suspension setup about 4 years ago. So we will see what happens. Ill take some pics as soon as I can...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online