V6 to 4.6 swap

brett98

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody on here has heard of anyone doing a 3.8 to 4.6 swap on there mustangs, I can get my hands on a 02 4.6 out of a lincoln, but thought id check here to see if it would be worth the time and money to do, any info would be greatly appreciated :help2:

STNG_96

Reaction score
Hell yes it would be worth it, you would need a whole slue of other parts including stuff for the computer,tranny, suspension, driveshaft, etc, but i dont think you would regret doing it. Is the motor a 2v or 4v?

OP
OP
B

brett98

Reaction score
Engine i believe is 4v out of a lincoln Contintal rated at 275 hp, i may be able to get the whole car, as it is in a junkyard, it was rear ended and written off, so if i could get the whole car i should be able to use the computer and tranny out of it,, im not sure if the stock mustang rearend would hold up to the v8, and i have a set of v8 lowering springs that would beef the suspension up a little, does anyone know of someone who has done this swap before so i could get a heads up before i go about it, Thanks Brett

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
look over on MPH or SVT Performance you should be able to get some usefull info, it would be a LOT of work but well worth it. The change from that 6 banger to a 4 valve 4.6 would be :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, you would crap yourself with amazmentness the first time you took it out after the swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online