V8 ECU in a V6 Harness?

JBCleary

Reaction score
I'm converting my 94 from V6 to V8 and want to know if a V8 ECU can be used with the V6 main harness ??? I know the engine harness needs to be changed and I have one from an 89 mustang. Was not sure on the ECU harness though.

Thanks

waltnono

Reaction score
Nope, I don't remember the number exactly but one is a 108 pin and the other is not. Somebody had a link on here to an online manual, if you could find it then you can compare the two.

OP
OP
J

JBCleary

Reaction score
waltnono said:
Nope, I don't remember the number exactly but one is a 108 pin and the other is not. Somebody had a link on here to an online manual, if you could find it then you can compare the two.

Afraid of that. Maybe i'll just use the 89 harnesses I rebuilt for another project and get an A9L ECU. Save me buying a 5L 94 harness.

OP
OP
J

JBCleary

Reaction score
waltnono said:
What kinda trans do you have?

It's a T5 which I'll either replace with a tko600 or rebuild to handle 600 ft lbs of torque. I don't even want to try the new engine on the trans the way it is now :noes:

OP
OP
J

JBCleary

Reaction score
waltnono said:
waltnono said:
Just go to the junk yard and get 1 off a mark VII since you don't have to worry about the AODE.

The harness

So the harness on a 94/95 mark VII is the same as the mustang?

Thanks

waltnono

Reaction score
No but I hear its easy to just take a complete harness from a mark 7 along with the computer. Man I was just in the junk yard Fri. and they had a 96GT 5speed. I needed the AC compressor and the harness that goes to the upper o2 sensors and starter solenoid. That car still had the computer harness, I could pick it up 4 you but the dummies cut part of the engine harness. I think the plugs for the coil packs are missing. I was about to just buy the hole engine but I wouldn't had enough time to pull it before I went to work. Oh, I forgot that you have a 5.0 and now that I think about it all those mark 7 are speed density and doesn't use MAf. Here's a link to the pinoutshttp://fordfuelinjection.com/5.0Lpinouts.html Hope this helps you a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online