valve covers?

kb1982

Reaction score
Only fitting on my powerpipe was for the bpv to dump back into before the supercharger.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I had one shortly and it had one on there. Might have been modified. Can't remember. If they have no vac fitting. It's Back to the drawing board for me.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are actually 2 different pipes. One has two metal pipes, intake to the charger and between the charger/intake and that one has the valve. The one I have is just the intake to the charger and doesnt' seem to have anyplace for a vac line but there is a large rubber boot that has a hole in it that looks like a line could fit in it. IT has a mounting spot for the AIT in the metal so I think this hole is for the vac but if not I could put one in the boot easily.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The thing with pcv is you either keep it open. Like the first pic.. then if you do run a closed system. You need a vac source. It has to be pre blower. Anything after the blower will be under boost..

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
understood. But nothing wrong with poking a hole through the boot, after the maf/before the blower and sticking the vac line through it right? Rubber/rubber should be a good seal if the fit is tight and I don't think there should be enough vac to suck it through.... I need too look closer through it all and will when I mach it up its cold as balls right now as much a I want to do it all. Was disappointed to se the high will be 10 tomorrow.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't think I would need too as I think that is what the hole in the boot is for. It looks like it was molded with the hole there as there are grooves in it that would seem to be good for sealing and holding it in place.

95opal

Reaction score
rz is pretty much dead on...Although his crude diagram has me confused.
The short and simple of it is your either going to run an open system and delete the pcv or a closed system with a boost capable pcv or closed system with a vac pump. What works for you will be trial and error and will depend on what condition your motors in. Remember any blow-by will be magnified 10 fold with the blower.
Since you already have a vented can you might consider getting rid of the pcv and going a minimum of -10an off each VC to the catch can. Will this be enough for your set up IDK youll have to run it to find out. If not youll have to experiment.
If you decide to keep the pcv youll want to pull vacuum pre blower so yout not boosting your crankcase. youll also want to swap out the stock pcv valve as it will leak boost by it. A valve from a mid 80s super coupe should be fine or any other valve specifically ment for a boosted application. I wouldn't suggest putting any fitting in a rubber boot.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Why not get them done in hydrographics? My buddy just started a business and has lots of options avalible!

4yresa5a.jpg
eje6eba4.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the catch can come both with the breather filter as well as a bolt that can be used to make it sealed. Sounds like it would be easier to start with the closed system and keep the pcv in its place for now? What problems would I have that I would consider the open system?

95opal

Reaction score
the catch can come both with the breather filter as well as a bolt that can be used to make it sealed. Sounds like it would be easier to start with the closed system and keep the pcv in its place for now? What problems would I have that I would consider the open system?

Crankcase pressure and blowby are going to be the main concern with the blower in regards to the pcv set up.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the motor was replace about 15k miles ago with a rebuilt motor from jasper eng/tranny's if it matters. Thanks for putting up with my questions...

95opal

Reaction score
the motor was replace about 15k miles ago with a rebuilt motor from jasper eng/tranny's if it matters. Thanks for putting up with my questions...

That's a plus but Im sure they didn't gap the rings for boost so youll still be contending with some blow by...how much IDK, but youll find out. Like I stated earlier your gonna have to experiment on what pcv/evac works best for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online