Vehicle Not Starting

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
About two months ago I started having issues with my 97 v6 starting. It would hesitate and turn over slowly then start. After a while it started not turning over. The battery was completely dry. Fast forward to Friday. Friday I replaced the battery with a brand new unit from Interstate. Voila! Problem solved. Well, sort of. I go to leave for an out of state excursion yesterday. Fired right up, drove to my girlfriends fathers office, parked it and returned to my vehicle approx. 20 mins later and bam. Nothing. Had enough power to unlock the doors, put my key in the ignition and no juice whatsoever. Can't lock, unlock doors, not even a doorbell dinger. I have no accessories plugged in, no lights left on or anything. Could it be that I happened to get a bad battery, or is my problem deeper?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try to jump start it with another vehicle and see if it will start, or put a battery charger on it. If it starts up using a boost, you may very well have a bad battery. If it does nothing, my guess is a bad ground.

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
Sounds like I owe you a big thank you DeepList. You're a lifesaver once again. Bad ground connection I overlooked.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal. Glad to hear you got it taken care of! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online