Vinyl seats?

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
I purchased used tan leather seats, supposedly from a 2004 Mustang GT. I've got a '96 GT with leather saddle seats. The seats that I bought have a very different texture than the seats that came with the car. The original saddle seats feel, touch and smell like leather, the tan seats don't. They actually look and feel like vinyl. Did Ford actually make vinyl seats, or is it just cheap leather, or did someone recover the seats? I attached some pics of the tan seats that I bought. I bought a saddle color dye kit from Leather Renew, that's my weekend project. The cleaning solution has already done a great job of making them like new.

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
look on the back side of it and you will know if its leather or vinyl it looks like leather to me on the last pic

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Well I guess it doesn't matter that much if it's leather or not, because the dye worked fine. Did the backseats first and took a pic next to a front which is still tan. I highly recommend this dying process if you want to change or refresh your color.

IMG_2518.JPG

joekd

Reaction score
Leather renew is good stuff, that's what I used to change white seats to saddle

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Only the front facing parts are actual leather and not a good quality. The sides and back are vinyl and the back seats are all vinyl no leather at all.

Post up pics of the finished dye job. I have been going back and forth contemplating changing the color of my interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online