VIS STOCK profile cf hood?

410sn95

Reaction score
Anyone here own one? Curious about the fit, finish and weight.

Thanks.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not a ton of people have VIS products here.
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] do you know anything about their quality of CF?

OP
OP
410sn95

410sn95

Reaction score
I know some of the VIS stuff has had issues but very curious about this particular hood and hope someone has some experience with it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am still wanting to go CF and VIS is the only real brand I have found that does CF. Only thing I have heard about them, or any CF is that some of them turn yellow. I have heard which ones specifically but was willing to try.

Might be able to get them cheaper with 2 at a time.

OP
OP
410sn95

410sn95

Reaction score
ttocs: Are you wanting to stay exposed weave? Seems VIS is th eonly one really that does exposed weave.

I currently run a real CF hood and HAD to paint, most real CF ones that come from the race companies dont come with exposed weave and painting is mandatory. Plus they don't have stock hood lines.

The yellowing is not a factor, the VIS hood would be painted in this application. The CF is wanted for weight savings and that alone.

I did find a place that is selling em for $486. I wonder if thats a typo, or they havent updated their website...

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/94...-p-2626.html?gclid=CLOjqZ6A7bwCFU5efgodIlcA0w

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would like to paint the edges and use some black candy to tint the center section that would be exposed. I want it to be visable from 6-10 ft but further then that just look black ya know?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Although I don't have any experience with mustang hoods from them, i'll provide what I can.

My buddy got a carbon fiber CSL trunk from them at wholesale price and we picked it up from their warehouse to save on shipping.
The finish was spectacular; definitely a solid piece. Its weight was way lighter than the stock trunk, definitely not just a pound or two lighter. It's almost dangerous to open it without it smacking the rear window as of how quickly it can come up with the slightest effort. The fitment was a solid 8/10. It's off center by about 1/2 cm on one side and that's it. It's not really noticeable unless someone actually pointed it out and took the time to inspect both sides.

I know that this had nothing to do with a mustang hood, but fwiw that's what quality is to be expected from them on a cf product.

Here is a close up of the trunk: (im assuming the hood won't be too much different)

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

chris91

Reaction score
I've ran VIS hoods on a lot of the imports I used to own. One of the best fitting CF hoods. Does Seibon make Mustang hoods? They are another good company.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online