Vortech V-2 head unit trim Identification

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by Wild Horses, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Wild Horses

Wild Horses Active Member

I just picked this V2 kit up earlier today and was wondering what trim it was. I'm pretty sure it's just an S trim which is just fine for my cobra... But until Monday when I can call Vortech with the serial# I figured I'd ask on here and see if anyone could tell me how to tell the difference.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GearGambler

GearGambler Member

Definitely just call Vortech tech line directly. they will have all the info on the head unit.

3. cumbersome101

cumbersome101 New Member

Can I plz ask how much u paid??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Wild Horses

Actually... they couldn't tell me definitively. One guy said "well it's older than 04 so I guess it's either an SI or SQ trim". I called back a couple days later asking about seals/bearings and asked again. I was told "maybe just an S-trim" lol so I'm guessing it's an S-trim of some sort. Pretty damn loud so I doubt it's the SQ.

5. Wild Horses

I fixed a smashed quarter panel and misc dings on an 04 Mach1 and gave it a fresh black all over coat of paint. Fair trade on both ends. But I definitely got lucky finding a deal like that. Especially with an absolute complete kit right down to brand new 60lb decca injectors. Only thing I had to buy was a new "composite" idler pulley that Vortech sends to replace the stock one.