Convertible top boot cover

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I’d love to snag one of those if I come across one. How do they attach anyway?

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Wow those new edge covers fit like crap. Nothing like the 94-98 covers.
I would look into and older cover or speedster.

I've been looking but these covers go for crazy money. $400-500+ for the earlier cover. I agree they look MUCH better.

The poor fit has me worried about this cover when i get on the highway and cruise at 80MPH. I feel like it's going to rip off. However, the convience factor is great. Folds up into 3 and stores in trunk and I can still fit my work laptop and lunch when I take the car to work.

I'd love a speedster cover though. Are they not available at all except for used?

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
I got lucky finding mine. Original Saleen. Lady was selling and didn't have the car anymore. I don't think she knew what she had. They fit snug in the back and has 2 seatbelt clasp that go into the rear seatbelt holders. Not hard to install, pain to store.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Does the staying bar and/or the speedster cover interfer with how far back you can recline the seat? From photos it looks like the seat belt guides would contact a styling bar. I'm tall so my seat is pretty far back.

95opal

Reaction score
Does the staying bar and/or the speedster cover interfer with how far back you can recline the seat? From photos it looks like the seat belt guides would contact a styling bar. I'm tall so my seat is pretty far back.

Im 6'2" and recline all the way until the seat touches the speedster. Pretty much doesn't change the seat position i use when the speedster isnt on. I no longer have the belt guides as i run aftermarket seats but iirc the stock seat guide just about hit the lightbar.
I now have two different speedsters. The original saleen that i run with the standard CDC lightbar and i scored a super rare Saleen SA20 speedster with the shortened lightbar thats actually attached to the speedster. It has since been painted but no pics on the car yet. Here is a pic when i first picked it up. You can see how short the integrated lightbar is compared to the standard one.

20160731_162701_zpsma7lbyuk.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
This is the pic that made me ask the question. I have my seat back just a little bit more than this and it looks like the loop would hit. I’m 6’1” and with the seat more upright I’m just not comfortable

IMG_9417.jpeg

95opal

Reaction score
This is the pic that made me ask the question. I have my seat back just a little bit more than this and it looks like the loop would hit. I’m 6’1” and with the seat more upright I’m just not comfortable

View attachment 34556

The new edge belt guides are definitely bigger than the 95s. You could pull the guides off the seats or go for a set of aftermarket seats. Not sure if that would be worth it to you. Here is my Corbreaus with the speedster and lightbar. 75442f57.jpg

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Im 6'2" and recline all the way until the seat touches the speedster. Pretty much doesn't change the seat position i use when the speedster isnt on. I no longer have the belt guides as i run aftermarket seats but iirc the stock seat guide just about hit the lightbar.
I now have two different speedsters. The original saleen that i run with the standard CDC lightbar and i scored a super rare Saleen SA20 speedster with the shortened lightbar thats actually attached to the speedster. It has since been painted but no pics on the car yet. Here is a pic when i first picked it up. You can see how short the integrated lightbar is compared to the standard one.

View attachment 34544
That's really nice. I didn't know they made one like that. I may have to try to find one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online