VT stage 1 cams?

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
There's no argument, we were just discussing it... I don't have a lot of money either but the military has been pretty good to me and now that I'm out going to college I don't have any bills (except my car) and I want a little extra from what I drive now.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
another kinda off topic cam question. is their a noticeable difference in the pi cams vs vt stage 1 or 2?

i'm going to be swapping my npi bullshit out soon so i'd like to know some routes to go... i was going to keep my npi heads or possibally get some pi ones i'm not sure yet, i know for sure i'm going to swap the cams and intake!

Fryrice

Reaction score
Willis_98GT said:
another kinda off topic cam question. is their a noticeable difference in the pi cams vs vt stage 1 or 2?

Big time.Look at my sig. You will not see that kind of HP with PI cams.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Willis_98GT said:

i'm going to be swapping my npi bullshit out soon so i'd like to know some routes to go... i was going to keep my npi heads or possibally get some pi ones i'm not sure yet, i know for sure i'm going to swap the cams and intake!

Big difference. PI cams are the exact same in F250's, Expeditions, Crown Vic's, etc. Not performance grinds at all.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy gained 25rwhp from VT st 1's and everyone i've seen with the st 2 NA's gain atleast that and usually 30rwhp+...most think they can't use the 2's on a mild setup because the power curve is raised higher in the RPM band but they work fine with stock heads.

BUT if you plan on going with Boost later then don't waste money on VT NA cams. You can get some Blower cams to run in the NA setup until you are ready. The Comp 262/270ah's are also very good on blown cars so they will benefit you in both applications.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
My buddy gained 25rwhp from VT st 1's and everyone i've seen with the st 2 NA's gain atleast that and usually 30rwhp+...most think they can't use the 2's on a mild setup because the power curve is raised higher in the RPM band but they work fine with stock heads.

BUT if you plan on going with Boost later then don't waste money on VT NA cams. You can get some Blower cams to run in the NA setup until you are ready. The Comp 262/270ah's are also very good on blown cars so they will benefit you in both applications.

so its a 5hp difference with a higher power curve?

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
What do you mean higher power curve? Do you mean that you start building power starting at 2500 or 3000 RPM?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the st2 NA probably don't start building power until more like 4k rpms where the 1's would start much lower but not give you the same top end...thats the trade off. The VT St 1 NA is a great cam for a daily driver that just wants to be rspectable on the street and occasional track duty and the St2 gets alittle more serious and is made for a car that will wind higher and use more of the RPM range such as a built shortblock/ported heads etc...something that will be able to rev up to 6800+rpms and take advantage of the cams.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
What do you mean higher power curve? Do you mean that you start building power starting at 2500 or 3000 RPM?

well. it seems like the stg2 would just be for the more serious type <-- like trailer cars?. the stg1s are a more moderate daily driver cam? because the stage 2s would make all your power at high rpms vs the stage ones keeping the curve from bottom to top correct?

Fryrice

Reaction score
Willis_98GT said:
sxynerd said:

well. it seems like the stg2 would just be for the more serious type <-- like trailer cars?. the stg1s are a more moderate daily driver cam? because the stage 2s would make all your power at high rpms vs the stage ones keeping the curve from bottom to top correct?

I drive my car every day ,they are not just for trailer cars. But I have 4.10 gears to back it up and to get me into the mid-higher RPMs quicker. VT2's are a perfect track cam. Your torque shoots you out of the hole,and when the torque falls off the horse power kicks in and carries you the rest of the way. The car wont fall on its face before the finish line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.