Water methanol injection on an NA engine?

the.greg

Reaction score
On my Cobra I ran a stage 2 snow performance water/meth kit to coo the kenne bell. Yes, it was spraying pre-blower and I had the IAT mounted in the lower intake for precise timing adjustments.

However I DID see evidence of corrosion due to the meth injection.

On my setup I found that it would drip slightly into my cai intake tube and leak downwards until it hit the maf housing where apparently it would puddle up. This led to my cai tube getting corroded and it almost looked like red rust forming on the inside of the pipe. I kept on top of it after I discovered the issue and maintained it by cleaning the cai tube and cleaning the maf with every oil change and saw no worsening effects. Also I will add that my meth kit was quite dated and its possible/likely that the nozzle leaked and this issue may have been fixed in later snow performance meth nozzles, I can't say for sure. I may be able to pull up some pics.

the.greg

Reaction score
Also I had a cheap BBK cai, which is made of fairly cheap metal. Also I think this was an issue because I suspect my nozzle would drip since there is no "purge" on my old meth setup and I think the excess in the meth lines was dripping down my intake either after shutting the engine off or maybe just when I wasn't boosting I'm not sure to be honest. However I do know that after the meth went through the TB/blower/intake it was fully atomized and I saw no corrosion post-meth nozzle. My tb/intake/blower were very clean always.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
What all does it clean? Does it clean the valves as well? Doesn't seem like it would be able to pit forged pistons and stainless steel valves, but I guess you never know

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online