We get door panels yet?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Only one agent 47 had them..... they looked nice but are no longer available according to their website......

Sheet metal doors it is

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
lol, I'll just buy them off ebay or get them out of a junkyard before I'd ever run sheet metal.

Perhaps my door panels could be recovered? Has anyone here ever tried that? Maybe take them to an auto upholstery shop.

bluex

Reaction score
Red line goods sells covers for the top half. I have a set an the panels are at the upholstery shop now. He said he's recovered some before with vinyl so it can be done. You have to split the panels in half though.

Red line has some photos on their website but the guy that installed them did a sloppy job an they don't look all that great. I'm hoping mine look a lot better. I pick them up weds

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just found a set of NOS last week because even nice used ones are getting hard to find.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red line goods sells covers for the top half. I have a set an the panels are at the upholstery shop now. He said he's recovered some before with vinyl so it can be done. You have to split the panels in half though.

Red line has some photos on their website but the guy that installed them did a sloppy job an they don't look all that great. I'm hoping mine look a lot better. I pick them up weds

Let us know how they go.... I've been wanting to do custom panels, but god those install pictures are horrible! Really doesnt motivate me to do it.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score

Please post up some pics when you're all done. I'm curious how they recover them... do they rip off the old covering, or just cover over it?

My panels aren't bad, just pretty faded out due to being from 1994.

Also, can someone please post a link to this "Redline" website that sells the door panels? I really hope its not the same company in the DFW area, that had a big scandal several years back. They would take in customer cars, put all this expensive gear on it for them, and then go to their house and either steal the car, or rob all the high dollar parts back off of the car. This was proven to be true, if its the same company I don't want anything to do with them.

bluex

Reaction score
Here's the site

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

They are in Poland so I doubt it's the same people

I'll post pictures for sure and he dam well better have removed the old covers before installing the new ones lol

JKady

Reaction score
Far as I know Scott-Rod Fab is the only company making aftermarket door panels, but they're not at all a stock replacement.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am willing to bet its more installer err then it is what he made. I have seen his work and he installed my wheel cover and it was perfectly perfect and would not have sent it out if it were not. This is probably the problem here since he only made one set and the pics do not show well enough for anyone to do a 2nd.

bluex

Reaction score
lol those pictures they have look like a 5 year old did the job. That looks terrible, I don't want that on my car

I agree they look terrible in those pictures. Thats the main reason I opted to have a shop install them. My panels were both pretty rough and I want to finally have a car with a nice interior so leaving them alone wasnt an option. I went looking for a decent used set but nothing was really up to the standard I wanted. Hopefully I will have better results from mine and better pictures for redline to use tomorrow.

I am willing to bet its more installer err then it is what he made. I have seen his work and he installed my wheel cover and it was perfectly perfect and would not have sent it out if it were not. This is probably the problem here since he only made one set and the pics do not show well enough for anyone to do a 2nd.

Exactly, the covers themselves looked great and it has to be from the installer rushing the job and/or not knowing what he was doing to get all those wrinkles. I got mine in black with black stiching to hide that accent they put on there. Its not done to hold anything together so I dont know why they added that beause it doesnt really follow any of the lines of the door panel. IMO they should revome it but I am waiting to see how mine looks before I pass final judgement on it. The installer didnt mention having any issuses with them so hopefully they look awesome and I'll be happy with them.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
I agree they look terrible in those pictures. Thats the main reason I opted to have a shop install them. My panels were both pretty rough and I want to finally have a car with a nice interior so leaving them alone wasnt an option. I went looking for a decent used set but nothing was really up to the standard I wanted. Hopefully I will have better results from mine and better pictures for redline to use tomorrow.

You don't have your car back from the shop yet? Please post some pics of the panels here once you get it back.

bluex

Reaction score
You don't have your car back from the shop yet? Please post some pics of the panels here once you get it back.

The shop just has the upper half of my door panels. I'm going to pick them up in the morning, I couldn't get by there since they are open 8-5 and I work 6-6. My wife had zero interest in picking them up for me :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online