Weird idle issues with new throttle body

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
I have several things I believe could use a tune:

CAI, 70mm TB, 70mm intake elbow, ported gt40p upper and lower, gt40p heads, B cam, headers, full exhaust.

I wouldn't go turning our TPS. It seems it's giving you a world of trouble already so I would just go with your "stock tune"

what do you have done that warrants a sct tune?

Addermk2

Reaction score
The problem you are having is because your throttle body blade isn't positioned correctly. The ECU uses a function called "throttle body air flow" to calculate base idle functions. You are flowing more air at closed throttle, then the ECU expects to see.

Turn the set screw down, with the car at full operating temp, and the IAC disconnected. You'll need to crank it down below 500rpm. If the car stalls, its ok.

Your tune needs to be recalibrated for your new closed throttle airflow values.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
You shouldn't be touching your IAC at all.

Well the IAC has been touched...both throttle screw and IAC had been moved because it was used and set up on a blower car.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Well the IAC has been touched...both throttle screw and IAC had been moved because it was used and set up on a blower car.

Wow... there is simply no helping you.

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
Its been previously adjusted before I got it, and I'm trying to get it back to where it should be, not sure as to the hostility?

Wow... there is simply no helping you.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Its been previously adjusted before I got it, and I'm trying to get it back to where it should be, not sure as to the hostility?

Short of being removed and reinstalled, the IAC should NEVER be modified, adjusted, or fiddled with in any way. Once you do so, the car will require a recalibration for the new operating parameters.

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
I've been doing the base idle reset, isn't that recalibrating it for the new idle parameters?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the problem is you have better flowing heads and intake, cam and injectors but the computer still thinks your engine is stock. that's why the base idle reset doesn't work.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I've been doing the base idle reset, isn't that recalibrating it for the new idle parameters?

Lol, not even close.

Base idle reset doesn't work on SN95's in the same way it does on foxbodies. There are some very specific steps you have to take... and typically most cars wont function correctly without a tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online