Weird ticking from intake area?

White 96GT

Reaction score
I have always had a tick at consistent throttle Since getting my 96GT back in september. She has 58901 miles on her now and while standing in front of my car giving my girlfriend her good night kiss I heard a ticking well know I can hear it all the time not just under load. What lesson did I learn from all this, Don't show your paying more attention you your car than your girl while kissing her! LOL They don't like that much.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont know but my ranger does this but it has well over 200, xxx on her.....

Whistler98

Reaction score
a ha my girlfriend hates my car b/c she says that is all I care about. R you sure you don't have an exhaust leak? could be right after the manifold on pass side when the gasket leaks it causes a tick.

voidfinger

Reaction score
also the design of the injectors make them tick as they get older. plus your car is like 10 or so years old. It happens, mines ticked since i got the car with 20k on her and now i'm at 138k and it still does it. :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
always wondered why they even put one on the car? if they can make the other one a ball and socket when why not both?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
also the design of the injectors make them tick as they get older. plus your car is like 10 or so years old. It happens, mines ticked since i got the car with 20k on her and now i'm at 138k and it still does it. :)

if its a tick like a the sound of a ball point pin clicking its injectors which is normal... if its not.. probly exhaust gasket..

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
THANK YOU! you don't know how many times I've asked this very question on MUSTANGFOURMS and haven't ever got a definitive answer. This just proves to me again that this site rocks! I really appreciate it guys. :pimp2:

Also if I get new exhaust gaskets and install them and that doesn't fix it then do I need new injectors or can I get some seals or something to fix them?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online