Well I never knew this...

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was at a Ford meet today - around 400 cars there, only 12 or so Mustang, and only 4 of those were SN95s, however I spotted this inside the bonnet, sorry, Hood lid of one of them...

IMG_20190721_1140394.jpg

He's painted it gold round the edge himself, but got me thinking.

Went over to mine, popped the bonnet and lo and behold...

IMG_20190721_1205262.jpg

So this is my 2nd SN95 - had the first one over 7 years and never noticed that before!

Anyone else got any observations they didn't previously know about?

Regards

TMW

lutter94

Reaction score
I knew that was there lol, but it does look pretty tough after 200k miles.

Depends what you already know or don't know, lol. Like the fact that 94/95 mustangs quarter vents flow through to the wheel wells, but the 96-98 don't. The rocker trim below the doors have a different style behind the front tires, some with a piece connecting, some without, I could google to find some examples. I know my 94 has the vents in the interior with white painted boxes for open/closed with those vertical dials. But the later years are molded with boxes or an X in a box for closed. Hard to find a replacement one that is painted without the molded part, not that anyone would notice......

94/95 GT has an OBD2 port under the steering wheel not wired to anything. Try arguing with a Ford service tech that it doesn't have OBD2, it is still OBD1. BUT IT HAS THE PORT. Sorry Ford put OBD2 on the v6 cars back then, and apparently only had one harness.....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its even more fun to pull them off of the 94/95s to see if they did the recall notice on the hood. They were having some issues with the top of the hood separating from the bottom so they would remove the hood blanket, cut two pretty bit ugly holes under it and then add adhesive in between. They did it on mine and the first time I took it off I wondered what shadetree mechanic had done what stupid modification for what ever reason. It was a ford tech following fords instructions....

95opal

Reaction score
They dont call the 94-95s the red headed stepchild for nothing lol.

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
94/95 GT has an OBD2 port under the steering wheel not wired to anything. Try arguing with a Ford service tech that it doesn't have OBD2, it is still OBD1. BUT IT HAS THE PORT. Sorry Ford put OBD2 on the v6 cars back then, and apparently only had one harness.....

Hi,

I knew this one - was lucky that I have the V6 and it works - there were some faults when I got her and was able to clear them and nothing re-occurred since.

Didn't know about the vents etc.

Regards

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They dont call the 94-95s the red headed stepchild for nothing lol.
with a new body change they were bound to have some things come up after production started. Its no different then any other car when they make big changes. I read some telsas were having the rear bumper fall off in the first year because of some vents that got covered so at high speed the bumper would collect water. I am almost afraid to know what will turn up on the new corvette with all the changes they made.

95opal

Reaction score
with a new body change they were bound to have some things come up after production started. Its no different then any other car when they make big changes. I read some telsas were having the rear bumper fall off in the first year because of some vents that got covered so at high speed the bumper would collect water. I am almost afraid to know what will turn up on the new corvette with all the changes they made.

I was referencing the one off hodgepodge pile of parts that make them unique from the rest of the sn95s. Recalls are a given on every car no matter the year.

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
I was referencing the one off hodgepodge pile of parts that make them unique from the rest of the sn95s. Recalls are a given on every car no matter the year.

Hodgepodge is a understatement, you really have to wonder if the 94/95 SN95 was a exercise where they said to someone at the factory cafe "I bet you can't build a car entirely from existing parts and the engineers aren't allowed to help"

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Hodgepodge is a understatement, you really have to wonder if the 94/95 SN95 was a exercise where they said to someone at the factory cafe "I bet you can't build a car entirely from existing parts and the engineers aren't allowed to help"

UAW: Hold my beer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.