Wet Drivers Side Rear Carpet 94 V6 Convertible

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Got the carpet shampooer hose on the carpet this afternoon - probably sucked about 500ml out of it. That's quite scary really...

TMW

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this...

Have got a slot Tuesday lunchtime at my garage to get this done - you never know...

Don't have a high pressure air line (or know anyone who does) to borrow one from.

Will advise!

Regards

TMW

Adfalenski

Reaction score
A quick note - if you have a dehumidifier handy, put it in the car with an extension cord when parked overnight. When my car got a lot of water inside due to a hurricane, it worked great(had to empty the bucket several times though).

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I used a greenhouse heater to do the same when I had an MR2 with a leaky T-Bar (sorry, T-Top) a few years ago.

Dried it out nicely. After I fixed the leak, obviously :)

Regards

TMW

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Dang it.

Some torrential rain 2 nights ago, checked today and I had to get the carpet shampooer out again - 1 litre of water sucked from the rear drivers side carpet.

Nothing on the passenger side.

I've had the drain holes blasted, sealed some areas it could be getting in, but am now at my wits end with this.

Anyone got any ideas where else it could be getting in?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

TMW

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Wonder if this could be part of the cause of the water ingress?

Drivers Side.JPG

Passenger Side.JPG

Regards

TMW

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Got her booked in to get the above images sorted on Saturday morning.

We shall see what happens!

TMW

EvertonSteve

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this...

Have got a slot Tuesday lunchtime at my garage to get this done - you never know...

Don't have a high pressure air line (or know anyone who does) to borrow one from.

Will advise!

Regards

TMW
Hi, did you ever get to the root of the leak? I'm having similar with an 03 Convertible. Driving me mad! Tried everything but still water getting in. Thanks, Steve

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi, did you ever get to the root of the leak? I'm having similar with an 03 Convertible. Driving me mad! Tried everything but still water getting in. Thanks, Steve
Hi.

Nope.

Still get it in heavy rain.

Just got used to it as a way of life now. It doesn't always seem as bad.

I think it's something to do with the rubbers on the hood above the windows not quite meeting.

Job for the spring.

Sorry I can't help at this stage.

TMW

EvertonSteve

Reaction score
Hi.

Nope.

Still get it in heavy rain.

Just got used to it as a way of life now. It doesn't always seem as bad.

I think it's something to do with the rubbers on the hood above the windows not quite meeting.

Job for the spring.

Sorry I can't help at this stage.

TMW
Thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried resealing where the floorpan meets the sill, checked the rubbers, etc.

However, I was having a look with the roof at various angles yesterday. I've noticed that the bit where the water should run down, from the rear windscreen, and along the side where it should the run off through the q panel and the drains. It looks like the roof design, where it meets the top of the q panel, leaves about a one inch gap. I'm guessing that some rain water is going down this gap as this leads straight to the area under the rear seat, which then runs to the footwell.
I may be completely wrong. I've fashioned some tape over this gap to see if it directs the water to where it should go.
I only thought about this after watching the a video on modded Mustangs (won't let me copy the link on here) He made a comment about someone using the "duck tape" method, to direct water, with water coming in under the rear seat. His advice re the seals is good also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online