What clutch should i get!?!?!?

sn97gtnyg

Reaction score
Ive got a 97 gt with headers, xpipe, exhaust, CAI, short shifter and was wondering what clutch i should get? Thanks!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
whats the difference, and how much would it help out in grinding. and what about flywheels. any reccomandations?

smasher41

Reaction score
im debating between the centerforce and the king cobra myself.
anyone tried both?

im looking for a soft clutch pedal and that doesnt chatter or on/off only like the spec's

zeestraten46

Reaction score
centerforce df is the way to go a little more costly but cluch effort is a little better and the grip is better than the king cobra I have had both for the price the king cobra is all you need with your boltons but not with drag slicks radials is about as far as you want to push the king cobra

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I say if you want an easy feeling clutch go with the Centerforce, but I love my King Cobra it just took a little time to get used to!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
zeestraten46 said:
centerforce df is the way to go a little more costly but cluch effort is a little better and the grip is better than the king cobra I have had both for the price the king cobra is all you need with your boltons but not with drag slicks radials is about as far as you want to push the king cobra
i have a king cobra on my cobra and it has mickey t cheater slicks and i can launch it at 5000 with no problems. :) and it is over a year old.

ALITL8

Reaction score
ive been running a king cobra for several years with no problems... its got a pretty stiff pedal though :dunno:

zeestraten46

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
ive been running a king cobra for several years with no problems... its got a pretty stiff pedal though :dunno:

you have ben lucky I was doing the exact same thing and this winter whaen the car was apart their was 5 decent chunks of the cluch missing :nonono:

S

scarface

zeestraten46 said:
+1

smasher41

Reaction score
currently my car has a valeo clutch ( hd or cobra, not totdally sure) and im assuming the stock flywheel

should i just get a new nodular iron flywheel with the centerforce or should i get a steel/AL flywheel?

S

scarface

smasher41 said:
currently my car has a valeo clutch ( hd or cobra, not totdally sure) and im assuming the stock flywheel

should i just get a new nodular iron flywheel with the centerforce or should i get a steel/AL flywheel?
Fidanza aluminum flywheel

96GTRagTop

Reaction score
how much more force do u need with the king cobra compared to the centerforce?

smasher41

Reaction score
scarface said:
smasher41 said:

isnt that that same company that makes the exploding cam gears? :-\

S

scarface

smasher41 said:
scarface said:
smasher41 said:

isnt that that same company that makes the exploding cam gears? :-\
Maybe, but the Flywheels are proven to be good.

Downshift

Reaction score
scarface said:
smasher41 said:
alright, ill take your word on it 8)
I ran one in my talon, and my srt, and my supercharged gt...never any issues.
What year talon did you have? I used to have a 93 TSI I miss that thing at times. Wasnt as quick as my stang and not having rwd wasnt as fun but I wish I could have it again just to mess around with.

I have seen aluminum fidanza flywheels on ebay for 280 if I remember right.

S

scarface

5.0wned said:
scarface said:
smasher41 said:
alright, ill take your word on it 8)
I ran one in my talon, and my srt, and my supercharged gt...never any issues.
What year talon did you have? I used to have a 93 TSI I miss that thing at times. Wasnt as quick as my stang and not having rwd wasnt as fun but I wish I could have it again just to mess around with.

I have seen aluminum fidanza flywheels on ebay for 280 if I remember right.
I have had 2 talons and one eclipse. 2 91 talon TSI AWDs and a 93 eclipse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online