What clutch should i get!?!?!?

smasher41

Reaction score
does the fidanzia flywheel need to be balanced prior to mounting, i didnt see any mentioning of it already balanced or not.

they also sell a forged steel version.... whats ther difference in using a heavier flywheel? doesnt stall out as easy?

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I've got a king cobra currently...not bad, but I don't know if I would recommend it.

The reason its so cheap is because its a ford truck clutch put in a mustang :D

S

scarface

smasher41 said:
does the fidanzia flywheel need to be balanced prior to mounting, i didnt see any mentioning of it already balanced or not.

they also sell a forged steel version.... whats ther difference in using a heavier flywheel? doesnt stall out as easy?
I just bought it and installed.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Whatever you get, use the Ford throw out bearing, they last alot longer. And I would recomend skipping on Spec clutches altogether, I had 2 and they both chattered and sucked.

And yes, a heavier flywheel would keep the car from stalling more, but it may be SFI certified, or cheaper.

smasher41

Reaction score
Anyone one try the tikmen TOB , they claim to not whine/chirp like the ford tob and last just as long.

my list will be the centerforce dual friction, Spec flywheel ( made by fidanza, and carried by mustangs unlimited which is near my house) new clutch fork, tikmen or ford TOB, ford Pilot bearing, new flywheel and clutch bolts.
anything im missing?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Go with the center force. I've had the king cobra , centerforce, and spec stage 3. Dont get spec long story. King cobra I've shattered many.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online