What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Point_Oh

Reaction score
South-Park-Season-12-Episode-6-49-793e.jpg

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the Baseline Outlaw rear upper control arms last night in my '93 notch. I'll finish up adjusting everything and setting the pinion angle this evening.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Removed the passenger seat and vacuumed the carpet, and vacuumed most of the drivers side. New seats soon, so then I'll worry about under the drivers seat.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my new front bumper...

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

And put some new floor mats in...

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

Thomas_W

Reaction score
How would you feel...about me enlisting your expertise in skinning for my T1?

Uh what? Lol

i dont mind it all... If by enlisting, you mean me doing, now is a bit of a bad time. We are living with the in laws (which means no place to work) for a few months till we build/buy a house.

Reaction score
Uh what? Lol

i dont mind it all... If by enlisting, you mean me doing, now is a bit of a bad time. We are living with the in laws (which means no place to work) for a few months till we build/buy a house.

Whaaaa??? I wanna build a house! But no worries I won't be getting the t1 for another 2 months or so. WE HAVE TIME

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how you put that 5th harness into the ground

Apparently I didn't take any good pics of the install :( If you go to this post in my thread (here) you can sort of see the eye bolts in the floor pans. It was easy to do:

• Determine where you want the eye bolt; IMPORTANT - make sure the backing plate will fit under the car. There are frame rails, and some sheet metal contours and stuff, so you might have to move the eye bolt location around a bit to find a spot where the backing plate will fit (if you look closely at mine, you'll see that the driver side eye bolt and passenger side eye bolt are not in the same equivalent locations)
  • Drill hole for eye bolt; make the hole juuuuuust big enough to pass the eyebolt as this will help prevent water intrusion (IIRC I actually had to thread the eye bolts through the floor pan hole just a bit to get it through - it was that tight)
  • Test fit backing plates
  • Paint backing plates
  • Install eye bolt and hardware, using backing plates; apply some silicon sealer to the eye bolt stud before sliding on the backing plate
  • Done.

WARNING: you absolutely *MUST* use the backing plates when installing in the floor pan. Do not use just the eye bolts, do not use just a washer. You will need to spread the load should something bad happen, and the backing plate is meant specifically for that, and will prevent the eye bolt from popping through the floor pan.

If you go to this site: link to solo racer page and scroll to the bottom, you will see the eye bolts in two different lengths, as well as the backing plate (and snap hooks - all hardware you will see in the post that I linked above). For reference, the eye bolt threads match the threads that your seat belt bolts are - so you could remove your stock seat belts and use eye bolts at those mount points instead if you want (as I did, which you can see from my post, though I set it up such that I kept the stock seat belts). So my harness lap belts are at the stock seat belt mount points, the sub belt is in the floor pan using eye bolts and the backing plate, and the shoulder straps are wrapped on the roll bar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang

Members online