What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The 19th is a ways away yet . Timing cover and water pump replacement is a very easy job .

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Yeah looks it on the Haynes video.

Hopefully will have her back Wednesday or so...

TMW

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Still got my SN95 one somewhere as well.

I remember being narked when I got it as I had an issue with the roof closing mechanism, there's a picture of a convertible on the cover, but no mention anywhere in the book of the convertible roof!

TMW

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea the rear end rebuild section is very greasy in mine

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Swedish yearly inspection with clean paper. Last year the e-brake was borderline weak so winded in and pumped our rear caliber pistions a couple of times, well over acceptable level on their brake dyno now. Now to garage waiting for spring 2024!
Sharp looking car!

ctandc

Reaction score
Finished up the front suspension on the '04 GT last night.
- New control arms
- New rack bushings / sleeves
- New sway bar bushings
- New endlinks
- New Struts
- New inner tie rods (Outer tie rods done a couple of months ago)
- New BMR springs

Need to get it aligned - the steering wheel is off - but it drives great. No wandering, no noise and the front end is definitely much tighter.

Next I need to install new rear springs / shocks - and since I have to remove the Mach 1000 rear subs, amp rack anyway - hope to get all that removed and find someone who wants it locally.

Finn

Reaction score
Did not actually do much apart from checking fluids, tyre pressures (including spare) and fill the tank and take a 320 mile roadtrip.

Our classmate left us 10 years ago and me and my best buddy have a habit of visiting his grave in Järvenpää to have a whisky, brandy or something and think of old times.

The idea with the roadtrip was that engine might clean itself a bit on a longer trip and it actually did.

Previous owner has done just urban driving so it has not been ideal. Slowly but surely it seems to work better and better. Today we had no problems even though the weather was very, very windy and it rained the whole day.

BPowuCW.jpg

EDVoayT.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did not actually do much apart from checking fluids, tyre pressures (including spare) and fill the tank and take a 320 mile roadtrip.

Our classmate left us 10 years ago and me and my best buddy have a habit of visiting his grave in Järvenpää to have a whisky, brandy or something and think of old times.

The idea with the roadtrip was that engine might clean itself a bit on a longer trip and it actually did.

Previous owner has done just urban driving so it has not been ideal. Slowly but surely it seems to work better and better. Today we had no problems even though the weather was very, very windy and it rained the whole day.

View attachment 28995

View attachment 28996
Excellent way to pay homage. Good on ya for maintaining that tradition ++

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Checked the car over before the trip tomorrow. Checked fluid levels, etc. Went and filled it up with 93 octane (anything less pings bad).
Going on a trip with our Mustang club. Have to drive about 25 miles one direction to meet up then about 70 miles back the other way. Going to the Packard museum in Warren, Ohio. Gonna only be about 200 miles round trip but there is gonna be 29 Mustangs going so don't wanna have any problems.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds cool! Maybe a group pic? Of the cars, I mean!

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Sounds cool! Maybe a group pic? Of the cars, I mean!
yeah we are supposed to stop by a lake and get pics but hoping the weather cooperates. We will have our top up as I'm sure all other verts will. Only supposed to be 53* tomorrow. There are a couple of Shelby GT500's with track pack but don't think they are taking those. One couple has 2 of them but they said they are taking their 2010 GT350

b1pig

Reaction score
Finally got a new radiator fan assembly in. Installed it this afternoon. Works like a champ. Once I got the old one out, the motor was definitely crunchy. New rear shocks should be in later this coming week. Hopefully that will stop at the rear end bottoming out.

Busy day. Non car related stuff, got a gas regulator assembly and a new strut installed on the awning. Ready for some more camping trips. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01

Members online