What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

weendoggy

Reaction score
Posted a couple videos of Black Friday. Took the youngest daughter for a ride.

Black Friday Traffic :rolleyes:

Turkey Bowl, with Daughter along. ;)

Also, a little too close for comfort, driver just pulled in front and slowed to a crawl...gives me a point by in a no
passing zone and I get black flagged. Oh well, better that than run into him. Geesh!
toocloseforcomfort.jpg

...and...a little bit going on in this corner...Mustang ahead was in limp mode and Mercedes in the gravel, but the
driver still passed under yellow. Lots of observant drivers...NOT!
sandtrappass.jpg

Last edited:

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
Mounted the chase light and GMRS antenna, installed the switch panel, and started rewiring the accessories to it. Should have my rock and pod lights in late this week to get finished up. Then did a little playing around in the yard.

IMG_5011.jpeg
IMG_5014.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
FINALLY got the brakes installed on the s107. The replacement driver caliper was no good. It locked up on the slide pins when it was bolted down, and had a stuck piston. I already ground on it too so I don't know if I can get my money back. So, I reused the driver caliper and put the new passenger caliper on. I still don't have a warm and fuzzy about them so I'll probably order a set online. Either way, they are on for now, and after some grinding, they clear the wheels. Longest freakin brake job of my life. IMG_20231124_093430418.jpgIMG_20231126_160656022.jpgIMG_20231126_122718031_HDR.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
FINALLY got the brakes installed on the s107. The replacement driver caliper was no good. It locked up on the slide pins when it was bolted down, and had a stuck piston. I already ground on it too so I don't know if I can get my money back. So, I reused the driver caliper and put the new passenger caliper on. I still don't have a warm and fuzzy about them so I'll probably order a set online. Either way, they are on for now, and after some grinding, they clear the wheels. Longest freakin brake job of my life. View attachment 30367View attachment 30366View attachment 30365

Sometimes drag wheels are fun . When trying to find brakes that fit it’s not fun .

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Sometimes drag wheels are fun . When trying to find brakes that fit it’s not fun .
Man, my drag wheels will clear every brake in the world. This clearance is for my daily wheels on the s197. I went to later s197 brakes that have bigger rotors, that made the calipers hit the wheels.

95opal

Reaction score
Contemplating were in the heck i can relocate the mondo valve.
As of right now i may have to fabricate a new discharge tube to accommodate the dam thing. Either that or put it back were it originally was. This has turned out to be a PITA
20231122_173648_HDR.jpg

maillemaker

Reaction score
I replaced flaky headlight switch. Turns out sometimes when I turned on my headlights, the taillights and side marker lights were not turning on! If you twisted the dimmer a bit they would usually come on when you hit the 'sweet spot'. Was dangerous though not knowing your tail lights were out! I had someone pull up to me at a traffic light and let me know!

Replacing is easy. 4 screws. 2 to pull the bezel, 2 to pull the switch.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man, my drag wheels will clear every brake in the world. This clearance is for my daily wheels on the s197. I went to later s197 brakes that have bigger rotors, that made the calipers hit the wheels.
Yea those new ones you just got . The offset works good on these cars too . Thats something for me to think about in the coming years if stopping becomes an issue with the cobra stuff .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
And putting the interior back into the car now. All the plastics have been cleaned and redyed using LMR/SEM paint. And putting in the NOS carpet I scored! Up next, recover the front seats and finish adding the Ford Racing pedals

View attachment 30429

View attachment 30428
What a score on the NOS carpet . The acc stuffs ok but nothing compares to the oem fit . Looking good .

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
What a score on the NOS carpet . The acc stuffs ok but nothing compares to the oem fit . Looking good .

I know. NPD still shows they have some, but only in parchment. I can see why. Not everyone likes parchment and usually most folks add a black carpet in.

But it laid down easily and all the holes were ready to go. The bag the carpet came in had a 3/23/02 date on it, so it's been sitting a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sn951992

Members online